Campaign for Bank Holiday on June 16th

Bill Eborn

I dont know if any of you have noticed like me, that June 16th this year is on a Monday. Which is an abomination as far as I am concerned, especially as this year March 14th is on a Friday.

For us working types that extends the close season by almost a fortnight, nightmare! Therefore may I suggest a national campaign to have the glorious 16th declared a bank holiday and while we are about it serious back end Chubaholic that I am, can we have the dismal 14th off as well.

Easy solution, take the 16th as one of your holiday allocation, or a day off in lieu. Have done that for years, never caused a problem.

Another solution being that there might be some saddo Tractor Boy who wants you to stand in for him so he can go to some pointless match or another just to see Town being troshed again :D !

P.S. However, being a City supporter would not be sad, good old Delia's Boys!!!!!! On the ball City, never mind the danger, - - -

Peter Waller:

Easy solution, take the 16th as one of your holiday allocation, or a day off in lieu. Have done that for years, never caused a problem.

Trouble is Peter a lot of us parents need to hoard our precious annual leave to cover the school holidays. I've did care work for years when saving up days in lieu and swapping days off and stuff was always very handy. Best of all was working Xmas morning, generally cushy and a bit of a laugh for double time and a day off in lieu, then it was just a matter of turning up for Xmas dinner after everybody else had been slogging over the stove and being virtuous and getting pity from everyone to boot. Now I have joined the professional classes, such perks aren't available anymore.

Bill Eborn:

I dont know if any of you have noticed like me, that June 16th this year is on a Monday. Which is an abomination as far as I am concerned, especially as this year March 14th is on a Friday.

For us working types that extends the close season by almost a fortnight, nightmare! Therefore may I suggest a national campaign to have the glorious 16th declared a bank holiday and while we are about it serious back end Chubaholic that I am, can we have the dismal 14th off as well.

Whilst sorting out the wording of your proposed new leglislation can you please ensure it applies to anglers only and not to boaters, canoeists and worst of all dog walkers!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::):)

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!