Essex Man

Maver

Any Essexites out there ?

I'm looking for anyone who might be interested in 'hooking-up' (no pun intended) for some fishing at some time in the Essex area. I tend to fish either at Gloucester Park, Basildon,(got to be one of the best waters in the Country), or at The Warren in Stanford-le-hope. Although I do like to fish these waters as they are fairly close to home, I would like to try some other waters.

Anyone want to go fishing with me ?

:P

I live in Flixstow (FELIXSTOWE) Suffolk.

Just up the amazing A12 super highway.

I would come down and fish with you if I had the time. Trouble is I now only fish 2-3 times a month. (some of these are matches).

Even then I dont travel far!!!!

There must be someone else on this thread from Essex.

I am sure you will get some positive replies.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Guest sslatter

I have it on very good authority that if you are super-rich, super-intelligent, AND a pneumatic platinum blonde female bodybuilder, then Newt will be on the first Concorde over. He could even bring his pole to try out.

Graham X - that I would.

But I'd be using the shortest pole and might be a little embarassed.

Probably using the biggest rigs though since I can't see those little hooks to bait up and can't see the delicate floats that go with the little hooks to tell when I've got a fish.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest sslatter
Newt:

Graham X - that I would.

But I'd be using the shortest pole and might be a little embarassed.

Probably using the biggest rigs though since I can't see those little hooks to bait up and can't see the delicate floats that go with the little hooks to tell when I've got a fish.

Hey Newt...I know the feeling. You can always borrow my bifocals AND tweezers.

Hi

I live Romford end of Essex, I tend to only River fish but do fancy a bit of the pond.I normally fish with a mate but I work most weekends as does he so we never really out much maybes once every three weeks. I work shifts so during the week would be good.

I dont know if this fits?

Drop me a line

Ian

Well Maver - in my case:

My pole is 9 meters. I gather that is short by UK standards. It was a gift from an anonymous person on maggotdrowning a while back and for where I live, it is monstrously long. Sure to get comments from other anglers. 12-13 feet is a long pole in North Carolina.

And my eyes are such (58 y/o) that I have trouble seeing a small hook, much less baiting it. Anything much below about a #10 and it just isn't worth the effort. Same with floats. I have lots of trouble seeing one of the small sizes needed to fish with a #20 hook and gossamer line. I can't tell if a fish has taken it under or I just missed seeing it when I fish at the full length of the pole.

The rigs I'm comfortable with are so gross that UK fish would probably laugh. And I sometimes wonder if the bubbles I see in the water aren't from US fish laughing at me as well. I think some of them have relatives in the UK and have heard about the stealth rigs you folks use.

As to the tweezers Graham X spoke about, they are a serious boon to folks with large, stiff fingers. I keep several pair in my tackle box for use in tying up smaller rigs. Don't need them with a 2/0 hook but certainly find them handy for small stuff.

[ 13. February 2003, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President