!st winter carp

nursejudy

we finally managed our first day fishing this winter yesterday, :D after all the advice you boys gave me before christmas about what to wear and how to keep warm.I can report I was lovely and warm :D and caught 5 ? :confused: common carp (the ones with the scales down the middle)on my 6m.pole thingy and the swing tip thingy.HUSBAND 1fish, :D:D so many thanks it was a lovely day out,(Messingham Sands)

nursejudy :D

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

thanks for enlightening me peter i hoped somebody would. :D

my arm aches today dread to think what it feels like if you catch a monster

nursejudy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Congratulations. Sounds like a great day and the better angler obviously prevailed. :D

Errr - commons have scales all over. And in regular pattern and size. And from what I read aren't real common in the UK. :)

Sounds more like you got mirrors.

(edit note: well Snap. I coulda swore the two posts above this one weren't there when I posted.)

[ 12. February 2003, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

they are actually linear mirrors, one of my favourite carp, the scales follow the lateral line, well done judy.

Newt, real common carp are plentyfull here in south wales at least

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Thanx for the info Gray.

Over here, most places have 99.99% commons and folks catching the occasional mirror think it is diseases or a mutant or something.

And I'm not at all sure if we have leathers around anywhere. As I understand it, commons can throw some mirror offspring. And mirrors can throw both mirror and common offspring. But the genetic requirements for leathers are such that they are pretty much a sub-species unto themselves and only a rare mutation would allow them from a common/mirror hatch.

Our original import/stocking was commons from Germany in the 1800s and our present stock reflects that.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President