Why?

leedsunited

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although a bit older than you Leeds, I'm new to fishing as well.

I go with my husband who's fished for 30 years.

I get frustrated sometimes because it's harder for me to do things than it is for him. You know, getting my cast exactly where I want it (and trust me, I'm fussy about that!) tying hooks, getting tricky baits to stay on the hook, getting the depth right, all that malarky.

My husband on the other hand can do all that blindfolded so is subject to less frustration.

He fishes a lot like Chris and Bob on PFA and I hope that once I get into the swing of it, I will be able to relax a lot more.

It's not right to say I don't enjoy it, otherwise I wouldn't do it, but I have a higher frustration to satisfaction quotient then my husband.

Leeds...get your butt up to Glasgow and I,ll take you fishing. You can target Roach, Perch, Trout, Pike and various other species.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I used to target certain species all the time. Ended up taking a 10 year break because I wasnt enjoying it anymore. I am now happy just to catch. Went to a new venue on Monday and had forgotten all my bait except for maggots. Could not get past the chublets and dace. Shot off to the garage for a loaf of bread and meat and still the same result. Little buggers nipping at the meat until none left. Half a dozen huge barbel spawning right in front of me not interested in anything near them. Was about to give up when I thought I would just have some fun catching the small stuff on the sick float. Had a great afternoon with them. Last cast of the day produced a 2lb 9oz perch that shot out from th bank and grabbed the maggots. Ended the day on a high. Even if I hadnt caught it, I still enjoyed my surroundings and the peace.

So since I gave up trying too hard I have much more fun.

As my trips now need planning with military precision I still enjoy them, but nothing beats grabing your tackle (ahem) at the drop of a hat and getting a few hours in befor the sun sets.

Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail

Emma:

I get frustrated sometimes because it's harder for me to do things than it is for him. You know, getting my cast exactly where I want it (and trust me, I'm fussy about that!) tying hooks, getting tricky baits to stay on the hook, getting the depth right, all that malarky.

My husband on the other hand can do all that blindfolded so is subject to less frustration.

I've been teaching a mate to fish recently, and while tying a hook on got "you're not even f****** looking at it!". That was beach fishing, tying an eyed 4/0. He's not had a go at coarse fishing yet, wait until he sees a spade end #20 :D

Leeds

I love my angling, since getting married and having kids even more so due to less available time for angling.

Being an allrounder I never get board as I vary my angling as much as possible.

To me its not about catching fish (but one every now and again helps) but something much deeper.

I feel at one with nature, happy and relaxed.

I use angling to get away from THE REEL WORLD.

Its my time, my space, my rules, my own personal life.

I am lucky that I have a wife and family who understand and let me have my space (althouth she cant fathom why I would spend a Friday or Saturday night on my own fishing in a bivvie or on a freezing cold East Anglian winter storm beach!!!!!!!!!!!).

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

quote: It is wrong to compare your expierences with those of the great and the good in angling.
If I did, I'd have quite fishing long ago :D

[ 29. June 2005, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Norfolkdan ]

Dan

Man, I love fishing. What else can get under your skin, frustrate the hell out of you, deflate you with bitter disappointment... and still have you gagging for the next session as soon as you get home?

I suffer a lot from taking too much notice of what other people catch. It seems that other people catch the big fish, and Im never in the right place at the right time.