Plastic at night.

robd

What’s the consensus on using plastic bait at night? This is my first year on plastic and I have had good results on corn and maggot in daylight. It’s subjective, but I think the results are poorer for the dark hours. Is the plastic more of a sight bait and would a ‘food’ bait give better attraction and results for the dark hours? I could experiment for a year or two but I’m looking for a short cut !!

I use nothing but pink corn on the method and have had fish at all light levels. Bream seem to especially like it at night but carp and tench are also falling to it in the dark. Tried the glow in the dark stuff on a known spot and didnt get a touch. Put the pink back on and the runs start again.

Same...I'm struggling with it too but my hair-rigs for tench are becoming for complicated, slowly but surely. Think braid hooklength and critically balanced corn, right on the deck will up the hit ratio.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

This is my first year properly using plastic and its turning out quite productive for the bigger fish so I’m now a convert. I’ve tried the odd session in previous years without success, this year I’ve done more pre-baiting and I think that’s what has produced the results with Tench and odd Bream. I’m struggling to catch Bream at night and my confidence is waning. After reading pearbo I’ll be trying the pink corn as I’ve only used the yellow (never even thought about changing the colour!!). Its only going to take a couple of Bream to be sold on the plastic at night. All in all the plastic does sort out the bigger fish and I wish I had changed years ago.