Why shouldn't you transfer fish?

davedave

Thanks for the replies, yes i see now what damage he could be doing :unsure:

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting aside the legal stuff, the obvious question is why are the fish stocks in the river so low? Putting more fish in is unlikely to improve stocks if the river is unable to support them. A drain near where I used to live used to be all but wiped out by the Environment Agency running raw sewage laden floodwater into it every few years. However, those "in the know" were catching double figure weights of the healthiest roach you've ever seen within a few years of each wipeout. The place was just stuffed with fish food. It never needed stocking even though the stocks were (literally) decimated after each pollution incident.

the obvious question is why are the fish stocks in the river so low? Putting more fish in is unlikely to improve stocks if the river is unable to support them.

Exactly Colin. And who is this guy to decide/how has he decide that the river needs more fish? Typical noddy angler mindset of not catching/not catching what I want to so chuck more fish in! I and Im sure many others on here will have come across this many times before.Sadly experience has shown me that guys who think like this usually end up f----g up waters not improving them :(:angry:

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Exactly Colin. And who is this guy to decide/how has he decide that the river needs more fish? Typical noddy angler mindset of not catching/not catching what I want to so chuck more fish in! I and Im sure many others on here will have come across this many times before.Sadly experience has shown me that guys who think like this usually end up f----g up waters not improving them :(:angry:

I wonder if he is thinking it would be a good idea to put in crocs and gators into lakes nest to get rid of the otters...

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Plus the possible introduction of alien plant species, and the growing problem of signal crayfish.

never worth it,plus if he gets caught he's in deep doo-do would'nt be worrying about not catching fish he's be worrying about going to prison, plus loss of job.

concentrate for the moment: feel. don't think.

Prison? Is it that serious an offence in the eyes of the law? I thought a fine of a few hundred quid and a warning at the most!

I know what he's doing is wrong but i wouldn't want that to happen, he's a nice bloke he just takes it into his own hands to sort things like this out instead of waiting for permission from the club/Ea

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

Prison? Is it that serious an offence in the eyes of the law? I thought a fine of a few hundred quid and a warning at the most!

I know what he's doing is wrong but i wouldn't want that to happen, he's a nice bloke he just takes it into his own hands to sort things like this out instead of waiting for permission from the club/Ea

Apologies, it seems i was wrong on stateing prison as a punishment. from searching it seems as the most he can expect is a big fine, though there is a case where the EA seems to have asked for a curfew for a poacher!!who was caught removing salmon and sea trout.you ned to warn him of the consequencs of his misplaced actions ..if he can not catch where he fishes at present suggest he find some where else to fish

Apologies, it seems i was wrong on stateing prison as a punishment. from searching it seems as the most he can expect is a big fine, though there is a case where the EA seems to have asked for a curfew for a poacher!!who was caught removing salmon and sea trout.you ned to warn him of the consequencs of his misplaced actions ..if he can not catch where he fishes at present suggest he find some where else to fish

We certainly need to bring back the stocks and the pillory and perhaps the concrete wellies...hehehe

We certainly need to bring back the stocks and the pillory and perhaps the concrete wellies...hehehe

Yes and no, when you think of what couldhappen to a water just because of one mans selfishness.Effecting other peoples pleasure/fishing and the damage it could do to the ecosystem/biology of the water and surrounding countryside does'nt bear thinking about.

Yes and no, when you think of what couldhappen to a water just because of one mans selfishness.Effecting other peoples pleasure/fishing and the damage it could do to the ecosystem/biology of the water and surrounding countryside does'nt bear thinking about.

Zander, Crayfish, Goldfish, Greenies, Mink, Coypu, over re-introduction of Otters, Japanese knotweed, Alligators?, Crocodiles?, the list of thoughtlessness, stupidity and selfishness is very large indeed.