Poole Dorset Area (help needed)

Tony 1

Gary here many thanks to Tony for posting on my behalf and everyone for the info we went to whitemoor lakes near colehill and had a great first day with my son and daughter.we had 53 small roach and skimmers between us.

Many thanks Gary

Ahhh the Dorset Stour! That's where I learned to fish, as a young lad. Dad and I used to go to a day-ticket stretch at Longham, where I used to catch bleak all day long. Tickets are from the pub on the bridge, if I'm not mistaken...

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

There is a free stretch of the Stour downstream of Longham bridge, as far as the CAC top boundary at Cudnell brook (and another longer section at Muscliffe, South bank only).

Immediately below the weir and down to the pub is Wessex Water water, or maybe it's Bournemouth and Hants water Co., but you get the idea.

Not aware that the Bridge house sells day tickets for anywhere.

It is of course the close season at the moment so this would have to wait until June 16th, it's normally pretty busy down there on opening day.