hae a opening day to remember

fishtec1312

if you live within walking distance or a sort drive ,start baiting up,be it chub or barbel ,before now most will have had there minds on spawning ,dont do halies but something no one else his using,as long as its a quality bait,and use small particals by pva with a stone in,not somewere were sombody will be sitting come the day,keep it going in regular,were no one will spot you,and you sould have a day [or better evening depending on the clarity of the water to remember]best of luck

thanks, never considered pre baiting before :rolleyes::D

theres pre baiting and theres chucking it in ,i take the dog close season 4 times a week down the ribble and the majority were baiting the same swims and catying half a k of halibuts.all im saying is most treat it like a lake.

theres pre baiting and theres chucking it in ,i take the dog close season 4 times a week down the ribble and the majority were baiting the same swims and catying half a k of halibuts.all im saying is most treat it like a lake.

So how do you advise pre baiting a river?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

So how do you advise pre baiting a river?

if you dont no you dont ,cant teach a old dog new trickes,people are saying that the water levels are so low ,get wading and find gravel spots ,prod around with a landing net pole,you would look for features on a lake ,same with rivers .get some polerized gigs and look.if you use the same bait reguler,barbel are thick and they will come along way for it.so dont be patranising and find out

if you dont no you dont ,cant teach a old dog new trickes,people are saying that the water levels are so low ,get wading and find gravel spots ,prod around with a landing net pole,you would look for features on a lake ,same with rivers .get some polerized gigs and look.if you use the same bait reguler,barbel are thick and they will come along way for it.so dont be patranising and find out

But surely what your talking about here is "location" not "pre baiting"?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

But surely what your talking about here is "location" not "pre baiting"?

find the locatoins ,but find 5,6 and move around,how many anglers next week. will take everthing but the kichen sink,three rods out and sit on there ass for6 hours or more,what do they call it carbeling.1 rod,this time of year a korum bait bag,unhooking mat that also acts as a seat and a landing net,5mins to get my stuff together and off to the next swim while leaving a hanfull of bait,o never forget my wadersi get more saticfaction,working for my fish

I am not a great one for prebaiting except on a spot that I doubt others will fish.

Some years ago three friends (myself included) went down and prebaited our chosen swims twice a day for over a week prior to the opening of the river season so the day arrived and all our swims were taken by some youngsters who had overnight camped in readyness for the opening. About an hour after we had arrived and were by then fishing somewhat down stream of our originally chosen swims three more anglers arrived to find the youngsters fishing in the swims that they had prebaited before they moved off a couple more anglers arrived to discover the same. By seven in the morning each of the three swims we had prebaited had 4 other anglers who had also prebaited. Fortunately we all took it in good spirit and had a great laugh about it with jokes of super sized and overfeed fish all along the stretch.

EDIT:

I should also mention the youngsters had an amazing days fishing, with big wide bright eyes and totally full keepnets, a couple of the older anglers there took photo's for the lads.

END EDIT:

Edited by watatoad

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Often thought about prebaiting but i can just imagine the fish taking the bait and buggering off. If i saw it work i might have more confidence in it, but i can just imagine me wasting a lot of bait for no reward!

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."