River Don info/help

Tyke

I plan on fishing the river Don in a couple of weeks and i am hoping someone can point me to a good day ticket stretch.

I am having a meet up with some forum/icq guys and having a days fishing on the Don as its central to us all.

What is the depth and species i can expect to catch?

Is it in a built up area or in countryside?

2or 3 years ago fished River Don at Spotborough.

Fished it twice , once above the weir and once below.Below was best. Walked about 25 pegs down and fished Wagg/ Magg down the middle and had 8lb of lovelly cond. Roach .

The weir pool is meant to be good for Barbel.

If the fishing is not very good there is a decent pub there !!!

you dont mention which part of the don, but in and around sheffield there are plenty of good fishing spots on the Don and the Rother, and best of all, its nearly all free fishing. on the Rother above the wier in Rotherham road, opposite crown works, there are some nice chubb to be caught :D:D

Hi Darth,

Do you have any info on the Rother, around the John Carr factory area? My in-laws live very close and I'm hoping to get up there in September. Maybe we could meet up for an outing, and I'll buy the beer afterwards!!

Regards,

Paul

Not 100% sure were we are going as its a meet up with other Anglers off the net.

Doncaster was mentioned as its cental to us all but we haveny agreed on owt yet.

ill have a word with them all and work somethong out.