GROUNDBAIT

BIGMAN

Hi all,

can anyone tell me if i can make up quantities of groundbait and freeze it,is it important whether i use ordinary water or can i use say hemp juice?

is it ok to mix and freeze my own stuff or can i only freeze pre prepared mix? :confused:

I Mix all kinds of groundbaits together and i allways freeze it, but i don't use water i just make dry stuff cuz i use raw stuff(Dry bread crumb cooked hemp ect). Then i add filtered water into the mixture so it is like pre prepared stuff then freeze it no wories. should i be worried :confused: :( . it works for all groundbaits regardless the ingriedients.

tap water is full of chlorine and all sorts of bad stuff.if you have to use tap water i would reccomend filter it if you can,and you can freeze it for as long as you like.just add any perishable food stuff just before you use it,i.e corn,tuna ect..

Brad, you can get a substance called Tap water conditioner from an aquarists. You add ONE DROP to every gallon so one 120ml bottle will treat over 2500 gallons.

It removes chlorine and detoxifies heavy metals, (so it says on the bottle).

It certainly seems to remove the chlorine as when the water comes out of my tap you can smell the chlorine, but after one drop of this stuff the smell goes!

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I find the best way is to mix particles (well prepared) and groundbait in equal parts. The moisture in teh prepared particles dampens the groundbait sufficiently.

I use Haiths Carpticles (which work on tench, bream, roach as well as carp) I soak them for 48 hours with a small amount of CSL and boil them in the same water for 20 minutes. They are small seeds so this is adequate. I then leave them to cool in the same water for 24 jours in a warm place. The result is that the water is all absorbed and the particles are coated with a jelly like covering. I then mix 50:50 with Haths superred and it forms a moist but crumbly groundbait. If I want to freeze I do so at the stage before adding the groundbait, To use I just thaw out what I need and mix with the groundbait - I do it the night before and it is always fine.

This mix is brilliant for the method.

It also works in PVA bags if the inside of the bag is smeared with hemp oil or similar or the mix is 40:60 in favour of the dry groundbait.

I discovered this after much experimenting with mixes for PVA bags and advice from other on this site.

I have also found that mixing groundbait with peanut oil and a flavouring will make a great PVA bag mix - I also add CSL and hemp pellets

Again this was as a result of help from this site.