Why do they do it???.

Guest Keith Finn

Guest Richard Capper

Why do they do it?

Because it is assumed by carp anglers that to catch fish you have to cast into the distance.

Because they cause so much disturbance with their radios hammering in their tent pegs and swigging their lager that no self respecting fish would be no where near them.

Why do YOU do it?

Sorry guys but you'll never escape this. As silly as it might sound just fish somewhere else.

I fish for carp in a lake thats too small and weedy for modern carp anglers (but contains carp 30lb +) I saw one other angler there all season.

I fish for tench on a large pit where there is almost never anyone else there. 10 acres to myself!

I fish for barbel and once again somewhere where I've never seen more than 2 or 3 anglers on the bank but almost always I have the whole stretch to myself.

Just do you homework and go where they ain't because if its got a rep then it'll be packed. You'd never catch me dead at Adams Mill or anywhere where no-one owns a lead of less then 3oz!

Try the RIVERS you'd be lucky to find anyone fishing the Thames near me but its got loads of Carp and Pike.

Guest chickencurryrice

Do not give up mpbdsnu. it is about time someone stood up for the carping fraternity. Whats more is it is about time someone stood up against the pikers. I agree they are blooming well selfish.

By the way, what a brill site.

Guest iminitsacarp

I'm with ya all the way mate! Good for you mpbdsnu - stand ya ground. Everybody else seems reluctant to, but I support what you seem to be tryin to do. I have bad experiences with lure fishermen all they want to do is cast around all over the place. I have been watchin this debate or whatever you want to cal it for a few days, and I felt I wanted to chip in cause mpbdsnu was takin a bit too much flack for my liking. Only fishin one swim at a time???? Lure fishermen dont fish one swim at a time, they cast all over the place casusing a disturbance to others present. They should stick to places that don't cause problems for others.

Allright fellas I just hope Paul S does not read this! Despite being a hard core Pike angler I have seen Lure anglers behaving in a selfish manner too!I was bait fishing for Pike at a popular water in the early Autumn.Much too my pleasent suprise a nearby Carp Boy actually came over and started chating to me.He told me of Pike he had seen from/in the water and I reciprocated with Carp info.Much too my suprise he told me that he had wound in his rods as he had noticed a few carp on the surface and was going to try and get them interested in some mixers.I was suprised as this was mid October.I did not want to leave my rods so had a look through my bino's.He was right! the way he was feeding them it would only be a matter of time before he took one.KERSPLOOOOSH! A FO Reef Hawg lands right in the vision of my Binos!Amazingly the Carp kept feeding but not after the 20th or so time.Old Carp Boy never said a word,just wound in his floater rig and stopped chuming.He put out his two other rods and came back up to where I was standing.I told him that I thought my fellow Pikers had been a bit unfair he merely replied by saying that he was fishing out quite a way and they weren't to know.Later that day the two people in question recognised me and came around for a chat."Did you see how we stuffed that Crap Yob up Budgie" they laughed "Nearly foul hooked one of his Goldfish!" I knew who I thought was the Yob(s)

It does not matter a jot to me what species some one is fishing for.A rude,ignorant pig is a rude ignorant pig regardless.No form of ultra cult elitism will ever change that.

mad.gif

Guest Rob Ward

That's exactly what I've been trying to get across Budgie! As I said I fish for both Carp and Pike, I just thought the pair concerned in this case were acting selfishly by tying up so much of the lake to themselves. As I also said they had both Carp and Pike rods out between them so this shouldnt really degenerate into a Carpers v Pikers debate.

I've said all I'm going to on this now.

Guest Danny H
Originally posted by BUDGIE:

[.No form of ultra cult elitism will ever change that.

---------------------------------------------

What is this ultra cult hang up you've got,

You have used that before, Most of the world bloody lure fishes, I had posted a moderate reply to this thread, although I too have had similar experences.But

This type of phrase just antagonises.

Life is about moving forward, (Learning) nothing wrong with that. In fact if more anglers were seen by the public in that light

maybe the next generation wouldn't just see fishing as some sort of old duffers sport that's not to be touched,Something stuck in some distant past. Like music or art, Fishing should respect tradition, but move forward as well.I posted a thread on this forum two or so months ago asking what other anglers would like from us lure anglers, and what do we do that gets up your noses? I wanted to find out, If I remember the amount of replies was about zero.

If we just keep scoring cheap points off each other, we are never going to stand together. Divide and conquer, as piscies or peta or whoever might say.

[This message has been edited by Danny H (edited 12 January 2001).]

Guest Peter Waller

There was a time when sporting etiquette was both offered and expected. I'm as ardant a lure angler as anyother on this planet, but I wouldn't do it near other but non lure anglers because, if I were static carp or roach fishing then I would be a tad miffed if a lure angler started to lob lures everywhere, rightly or wrongly considering that his/her tactic was likely to spook the roach/carp or whatever. Equelly, if fishing as a none lure angler I would expect others to take no more water than was reasonable. It happens in pike fishing where one angler will tie up a hundred yards or more of bank space. I'm afraid selfish and thoughtless behaviour is rather more commonplace in angling than it used to be. Here endeth the first lesson.

Guest Keith Finn

MPBDSNU,

Have not been able to log on to answer your questions!.

point 1

You first say abut "politely asking" the anglers if thay could bring it there lines.

Where are you living?.

What answer do you think you are going to get?. Not a very polite one I think.

And there is usually two of them!.

point 2

About him having a Pike rod out.

He had three rods set up on his buzzers.

Two Carp rods and one dead bait on a bung.

Evry half hour or so he would get his lure rod out for for a cast or two around the Island.

His Mate had two Carp rods out and was casting a spinner.

point 3

Hey don't give up!!!.

Thats what this is all about,lively, friendly chat. smile.gifsmile.gif

And another thing, I am not just a Pike angler or just a Carp angler!.

I enjoy going fishing. I fish for whatever takes my fancy on the day. Be it Pole fishing or feeder fishing or whatever.

Most of the time I just fish for an hr or two before it gets dark, the only criteria is that it must be very close to home!.

I would love to live near the River Severn, but a 2 hr drive after work, for an hour or two, is impossible. So as you see ,I am restricted to the venues near to my home.

Keith

Danny H you have totally missed the point of my post.As an ardent Pike angler (both bait and lure) and regular condemer of many carp anglers bad attitude(for christ sakes it was me who coined the anagram "Crap Yobs"!)I was merely making the point that it should not turn into an inter faction bickering contest!In the many years that I have been an "All rounder"I have come across many different anglers of all persuasions.Many pleasant but unfortunately some not.The species of fish you target has nothing to do with this because sad to say an **** is an **** regardless.A lot of new boys sadly develop this bad attitude to help(so they think anyway) promote their own ultra cult image.Yes I do use this term"Ultra Cult" regularly normally the bulk of people who rise to it(and the Crap Yob term)are people who dont quite understand what I am saying or people guilty as charged.Which are you Danny.For trying to stop this drifting into an anti faction post you have accused me of doing so!!I am not very good at getting my thoughts across with the written word Danny and if this failing has mislead you then I apologise.But maybe try reading my little story again.