Pike and Frogs

Matt Shaw

I have just recieved some Renosky Super Soft Frog lures from Harris Angling (excelent internet service, next day delivery). I thought they might be fun for a bit of evening piking this summer.

Has any one out there tried them, or anything simillar? Can you offer me any advice, top tips etc.

Bye for now

Hop you can help! :rolleyes:

Grebbit!

The lure in question is excellent, cheaper to buy from Cabelas though. Just don't use it outside of a pub when its crowded! A friend of mine did, it was so realistic that one sweet lady gave him hell for using live frogs! We are not sure that she was totally convinced, even when he gave her a close up view of his synthetic frog! These lures are great for chub especially.

quote:

Originally posted by Peter Waller:

The lure in question is excellent,
cheaper to buy from Cabelas
though. These lures are great for chub especially.

Agree with PW on most counts. cheaper to buy from almost anywhere else in fact ! Frogs are good for pike too of course. Does the Renosky frog talk? :D Talking frogs are really cool! :cool:

RenoskyFrogs.jpg

DG :cool:

Oooo .. nearly forgot ... advice

1) crush the barb

2) make sure the hook is needle-sharp

3) don't strike too soon! Count 1, 2, strike

4) don't buy/watch any videos about Lure Fishing with Surfaces lures! I haven't seen one yet that isn't a load of cobblers (="rubbish", Newt, OK?!).

[ 02. May 2003, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

Old frog joke: lure-angling version:- :)

One day, a sad lure-angling anorak was walking along the river bank when a frog called-out to him from the margins, and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess".

He bent over, picked-up the frog and put it in his pocket.

After a while, the frog spoke-up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful princess, I will stay with you for one week."

The lure-angler took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it, and put it back into to his pocket.

The frog then cried-out, "HEY! If you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, then I'll stay with you and do ANYTHING you want."

Again the lure-angler took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket.

Finally, the frog asked, "What IS the matter? I've told you I'm a beautiful princess; I'll stay with you for a week and do anything you want. Why won't you kiss me?"

The lure-angler said, "Look …..some people think I’m gay. I'm also very uncool and am just a sad old lure-angling anorak who simply doesn’t have the inter-personal skills, charisma, income, assets or the time for a long-term, stable heterosexual relationship of mutual respect …… but having a talking frog in my pocket ….. now that makes me COOOL :cool: !"

[ 02. May 2003, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

A few others - similar at least.

frog.jpg

rat.jpg

mouse.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

quote:

Originally posted by Peter Waller:

Interestingly Newt, two of your illustrated lures have tails. And as any successful angler knows, you can't beat a bit of tail!!

Oh dear! Well I guess this is the coarse forum. Newt, for your translation look here

DG :rolleyes: