Countryside Alliance Angling Forum

Peter Waller

quote:

quote:

graham u said if fishing was like that u would pack it in..well i suugest you hang up your rods mate because its obvious fishing doesnt suit your beleifs.
Funny that..I was thinking the same about you.

[/QB]

Come on grahamX, explain the contradiction.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graham X:

No, the three lots I know of are not in captivity. They live in purpose-built earths, are fed every few days, and when one or two are needed for a hunt, the keeper traps them, sticks them in a sack, and releases one a couple of hours before the hunt. This is an age-old practice that is well-known, and has been mentioned by others before in this thread. I suggest you go back and read it. Oh! I forgot! Get someone to read it for you.

[ 12. March 2003, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Gaffer ]

KANNY:

looks like the N.A.A  dont agree with you graham and peter.......... they seem pritty happy to stand with the C.A

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/Press/pressr...el23_270801.htm

Y.I.S

kanny

Kanny, I am seriously beginning to worry about your agenda and where you come from!

The NAA and the CA have a Memorandum of Understanding, plain and simple. It was engineered by the CA, plain and simple.

If the NAA get any closer to the CA then I can assure you that angling will be totally fragmented. Is that what you want?

www.corporatewatch.org.uk/pages/countryside_alliance.html

It is an anti establishment site, but one that speaks with much relevance.

The more I read back over what has been written by the likes of Kanny, the more worried I become. The CA has caused a rift amongst anglers that has done nothing for unity. Perhaps this is the agenda.

[ 12. March 2003, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Peter, if you have read back over what has been written, you will note that there are about 6 main posters on this subject.

4 for the CA and 2 against (approx).

I don,t think that constitutes a major conspiracy, or an attempt by the CA to infiltrate angling. :rolleyes:

I do think that this whole subject,(which continues to get regurgitated in one form or another), has probably run its course again.

Time will tell, who is right and who is wrong.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Fair comment Cranfield. But some of that CA majority are new to the site, or are professed hunters before they are anglers, or are both.

I meet up with anglers, and others, on a couple of committees or at various clubs, I can assure you that the quite majority of those folk appear to wish to have nothing to do with the CA whatsoever.

Perhaps we should run a poll, if that has not already been done. But then all that will prove is that there are two opposing points of view. Irrespective of proportion, or who holds the majority view, it will prove only one thing, that angling has been devided. and for that devision we have to thank the CA.

If the NAA allies itself to the CA, and I don't believe that it will, then bodies belonging to the NAA will either support the decision, or break away. For example, I belong to to PAC and ACANS, both in the NAA pyramid. Should either indirectly support the CA via the NAA, or more directly, then I, for one would resign. I believe many others would do likewise. The result would be the formation of non CA clubs, perhaps an alternative PAC. Angling does not need further fragmentation. And thanks to the CA we have the potential for major break-ups. Angling does not need the CA.

Hi Elizabeth.

Elizabeth:

You spoilt a good reply through not knowing what 'cubbing' really is.

E

Thanks for your reply, but please could you enlighten me.

If I'm wrong :rolleyes: , which it appears I am :o , I'd like to know how wrong. You can PM me if you prefer.

Cheers.