K P Morritt

i'm also interested in adverts from the 50's could you scan them for me if i supply my email address by PM ,if i use them you will ofcourse be mentioned as a few others on here will be if i ever complete the darn book.

North Country Spider

what are you actually requiring the info for ,hopefully you can appreciate my reluctance to give away 10 years of hard found information to a person who may well also be collating data for a publication.

as i said most info is on the reel cards (they list the reels out there at the time of printing) i can pass a couple of scans of those by email if you wish as its not sensitive data.

as for reel variants join the club ,not all were black and subtle changes occurred design wise over the period the reels were made for ,nothing is out there telling anyone just what they were unfortunately even at the time few records were kept and any that were few survived ,the last of Morritts paperwork (mostly from BFR) was very patchy on that score unfortunately.You will have to study reels you come across like me and find out as i am still doing.

I have hundreds of pictures mostly the ones used in the leaflets but i cannot use any (copyright) which is why it takes so long to accumulate the reels themselves to use my own.the reels themselves are easily documented but the boxes ,spool boxes ,variants of all 3 are the hard things to find out about it was never documented as far as i know except for the BFR archive i was luckily given as i kept annoying them for info other wise it would have been skipped like the bulk was when gladding took over in the 70's

I can fully understand your reluctance to pass on information I too would feel exactly the same.

Rest assured the information is for myself and no other reason but perhaps if we are to discuss reels and the ones I have already obtained it may be best done via e-mail. I dont know how to pass on my e-mail without posting it (not good) so would you be so kind as to contact me with yours ? is this a PM ?

Thank You in anticipation of your reply.

Kind Regards

I can fully understand your reluctance to pass on information I too would feel exactly the same.

Rest assured the information is for myself and no other reason but perhaps if we are to discuss reels and the ones I have already obtained it may be best done via e-mail. I dont know how to pass on my e-mail without posting it (not good) so would you be so kind as to contact me with yours ? is this a PM ?

Thank You in anticipation of your reply.

Kind Regards

at the moment i cannot PM you but once you get to 15 posts you can PM me

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

at the moment i cannot PM you but once you get to 15 posts you can PM me

Many Thanks for that I will have to learn how to PM.

I am collecting reels and bits of information all the time so I may have something that may be of use to you.

At the moment I am trying to obtain some old mags and papers from friends early 60s' you never know

There might be an odd article etc.

Kind Regards

I have a 1961-1962 copy of Where to Fish, which has a full page advert for K P Morritt when their address was in Cheam Surrey. I can scan it in and email to anyone interested. It mentions their newly introduced fly reels

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

i have that one cheers but Mr spider may want a copy?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I have a 1961-1962 copy of Where to Fish, which has a full page advert for K P Morritt when their address was in Cheam Surrey. I can scan it in and email to anyone interested. It mentions their newly introduced fly reels

Thank you for the very kind offer but I already have that but I am sure it will be of interest to others.

Kind Regards

Hi

All this is very new to me my reason for joining is to try and obtain as much information about K P Morritt reels as I can.

I have had little success up to now in obtaining any in depth information. My main interest is in the oldest models and their versions.

I would be very happy to receive any information members may have.

THANK YOU.

Hope the format of this message is ok as I have never used a forum before

Dont know if this is the right place to post this.

I have just aquired yet another "Standard" this one is boxed and has the inner plastic case priced 35/1.

I also have ones that are just in older card boxes the difference between the two apart from age seems to be the handle !!

Does anyone have any information as to any other versions of the "standard"

I would appreciate any detail however small

THANK YOU.

Kind Regards