Pre-baiting

Ed Matysiak

In the warmer months try van den eye Expo groudbait or whizzo stench.

I have read an article by one of the "real tench fishers club"

he pre baited with over two kilos of groundbait!

I mix in liquidied sweetcorn, fishmeal, brasem, casters, squats, pellets and sweetcorn.

For early season tench try feeder fishing with groundbait. Plug one end of your feeder and add a pinch of fishmeal, a smear of syrup and a few freebies (pellets casters etc) then plug the other end of you feeder.

Try worm or sweetcorn (red works well) as a hookbait.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gilbertron - care to tell us more? - I've heard of Black Pudding as a good tench bait - never spoken to anyone who'd had succes with it though.

Chris

[ 25. February 2003, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: Chris Plumb ]

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

to be honest i've never prebaited with black pudding, but bites always start pretty quickly, chuck in a few freebies and the tench seem to find it quite quickly.

prawns are good too, and not as expensive as people think, a bag of frozen ones from tesco or wherever is a couple of quid, and quite often they have them buy one get one free, but even at normal price they'll last you a few sessions, cheaper than a lot of stuff in the tackle shop!

to be honest i've never prebaited with black pudding, but bites start pretty quickly anyway, chuck a couple of freebies in and the tench will find it, must be the blood i guess, smells quite strong.

prawns are good too, they're not that expensive, couple of quid for a bag of frozen, quite

Chris Plum and Gilbertron

I have caught Tench on cockles, luncheon meat (normal, strawberry and spicy flavours), pepperami, bacon rind, cat meat, dog meat and spam.

I think most fish like meat baits as I have also caught chub, rudd, roach, carp, bream, perch, barbel and eels on them!!!

I have heard steak is also good.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!