Line Twist

GasAC

I am suffering from severe line twist when stick / waggler fishing on my local river. I use a pair of Daiwa TDS2553S match reels and have been told by a friend that the best way to cure the problem is to superglue the line roller to stop it rotating as this is causing the line to twist. Can anyone confirm whether this is a good idea as it would seem to be irreversible if I get it wrong.

Thanks in anticipation

Tim.

quote:

Originally posted by GasAC:

I am suffering from severe line twist when stick / waggler fishing on my local river. I use a pair of Daiwa TDS2553S match reels and have been told by a friend that the best way to cure the problem is to superglue the line roller to stop it rotating as this is causing the line to twist. Can anyone confirm whether this is a good idea as it would seem to be irreversible if I get it wrong.

Thanks in anticipation

Tim.

It's a bad idea to glue your line roller. I doubt that this is the problem. Line-wist was covered in another recent Thread ... and I'll try to find the link .........

........... look at the Thread Multiplier advice

and then at this link

DG

[ 22. July 2003, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

GasAC:

.... the best way to cure the problem is to superglue the line roller to stop it rotating as this is causing the line to twist. Can anyone confirm whether this is a good idea as it would seem to be irreversible if I get it wrong.

Tim - first off, welcome to you.

Next, if you glue the roller you will surely have gotten it wrong. Your friend has some very strange ideas.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Where abouts on the line is twist being imparted? If on the hooklength then I'd put a small swivel between mainline and hooklength cuts out - 'most' line twist in your terminal tackle when trotting. And for float fishing on a river a Centre Pin is a better reel for the job anyway! IMHO :P

Ducks for cover...

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Thnaks for the responses to my question. It's the main line that is twisting rather than the hook length.

As far as my friend is concerned he's an extremely successful match angler who has fished at a very high level for a number of top division one teams in the past.

Anyway I personally think that the problem may be down to the line not being loaded onto the spool correctly in the 1st place. Any ideas on how do it correctly.

Thanks

Tim

Now I would agree with your friend and super glue the roller! He is quite correct.For years reel manufacturers struggled to develop a line roller that would always revolve under pressure only too eventualy realise rhat this only increased the problem!Also I assume that you are loading the line on to your reel correctly in the first place? as if you are not you will be twisting it as you load it.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Sorry but could someone explain to me how a rolling fitting on the bail causes line twist while a static one the line runs over doesn't? I've though and though and still am clueless.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President