What a cheek!!!!!

Bacon butty

well when i started fishing some 19yrs ago at the tender age of 14 i entered a junior competition in a then well known magazine (and still is well known today by the way)I won a daiwa reel which lasted me many happy yrs, it was a really special reel to me, it was average quality and price but it was the first thing i'd ever won and shone out in my crude beginnings of tackle. more recently i won tickets to this yrs angling fare at the nec.....thanx elton :D

fat, stupid hobbit.

Guest sslatter

Hey Bacon Butty? I got a letter this morning informing me I had won a "Daiwa goody bag" for the publication of a question in a certain magazine. I will be receiving it within 28 days, according to the letter. I can't wait!! (Should I take out a loan now to cover the postage?) :D

Graham X, the cap's definitely the best item in the goody bag, however, if your goody bag contains a large ot heavy item, beware!!

As a matter of interest, was the question that was published, as you had written it, or had it been tampered with?

Mine was extremely similar to the star prize question and I was gutted on missing out on the 'big' prize, but my question had been altered

Still, I wouldn't have fancied paying for the postage on anything bigger!!!

Congratulations on your success!!!

Guest sslatter
Bacon butty:

Graham X, the cap's definitely the best item in the goody bag, however, if your goody bag contains a large ot heavy item, beware!!

As a matter of interest, was the question that was published, as you had written it, or had it been tampered with?    

Mine was extremely similar to the star prize question and I was gutted on missing out on the 'big' prize, but my question had been altered    

Still, I wouldn't have fancied paying for the postage on anything bigger!!!

Congratulations on your success!!!

Hi Bacon Butty..

..and I thought it was just me. They DID alter my question (which was sent in last Autumn and which I'd forgotten about)so that it became a different question altogether! So there you go..maybe they do this a lot? Who knows?

All the best. :)

Guest sslatter

..and this morning came the card that said I had a package to collect and that there was postage of £2.10 to pay. Haven't picked it up yet, but I'm not expecting anything else, so it's a fair bet that it's my "goody bag". Just like you wrote, Bacon Butty, WHAT A CHEEK!