Bath University Study

JaMiMa

Found this questionaire on my local Milton Keynes AA site.

Whilst quite simplistic, the basic study of angling must be worthwhile.

There are half a dozen questions relating to river fishing and the results appear to be used as part of a report to improve river angling in the UK.

More responses, more publicity? Can't be a bad thing!

Go To:

http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ecpcaj/Home.html

PS: I am in no way connected to this study.

JaMiMa:

Found this questionaire on my local Milton Keynes AA site.

Whilst quite simplistic, the basic study of angling must be worthwhile.

There are half a dozen questions relating to river fishing and the results appear to be used as part of a report to improve river angling in the UK.

More responses, more publicity? Can't be a bad thing!

Go To:

http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ecpcaj/Home.html

PS: I am in no way connected to this study.

Most anglers will probably dowgrade the importance of catching fish, in relation to enjoying the day in lovely surroundings etc.

Similar research has concluded that because it is not important to an angler's enjoyment of a day's fishing to actually catch something, that catching is unimportant.

The conclusion from that has been that it is not important to maintain stock levels!

Of course we have all had days when we haven't caught a bean, yet enjoyed lovely surroundings, just watching nature at work, and so conclude that catching a fish isn't the most important thing.

But it is the expectation that we will catch, either plenty of fish and/or some big specimen, that makes the day enjoyable.

A subtle interpretation that may be lost on non-anglers!

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I must be one of those oddballs who always want to catch fish, it is the obsession that keeps me going day after day, even when blanking.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I too always want to catch fish,but it isnt the end of the world if I dont.Would anyone go fishing if they 100% knew they were not going to catch? No of course not.On the other hand you would soon loose interest if you knew you were going to catch exactly the same each time you went,wouldnt you? As allready said surely it is the anticipation and uncertainty that keeps us going.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!