Rudyard Lake

Norfolkdan

Hi all. Going on holiday there in 2 weeks, wondering if anyone has fished it before? Looks a lovely water .

I'm interested in catching pike, perch and the few carp that are in there. Any tips? We have access to a boat, so I'm guessing early morning and evenings will be good for the pike/perch?

Anyone know good baits/methods for the carp?

Thanks for any help, Dan :D

Dan

Rudyard's good for pike (more so in the winter than at this time of year). The recent matches have been won with only about 8lb of bream and roach. Groundbait feeder and maggot or caster seems to be the usual method. The carp are notoriously few and nomadic, so unless John the baliff can drop you on some, you'll be extremely lucky if you hit any! The size of the water is the main problem (location), but again, John should be able to help. Good luck!

What a beautiful looking place. I can't help you with the fishing I'm afraid but I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself there. The photo on the homepage makes it look like it's in North America.

Good luck

Actually, from what I've read about perch fishing I gather that moored boats are good holding spots for them (and other fish). So keep a look out for boats that look like they've been there for a long time!

[ 22. July 2005, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: bingo ]

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

The size makes it quite difficult to manage. Try to fish into the wind if its a warm summer breeze.

Pre-bait with plain, dark groundbait for the evening bream and try a waggler first off with plenty of loose feed to keep the roach etc coming. You might want to take a spinning rod as you may get piked out in close range swims.

Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail