RSSG AGM - Venue and date secured.

Chris Goddard

I am pleased to announce the date and time of the AGM for the RSSG.

The date is Saturday 14th of June. Commencing at 1230 PM. The venue is Stone Chair variety Club, Shelf, Halifax, West Yorkshire. The only item for discussion is the dissolution of the RSSG and subsequent disposal of funds I.A.W. rules of the association.

Deatils of venue and how to get there will be posted by 1st of June here and on Maggot Drowning, BFW and of course RSSG site.

Chris Goddard

General Secretary RSSG.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

Dear Chris

Thanks for the above post on the situation of when and where the RSSG Annual General Meeting is to take place.

I shall be attending the meeting.

All that remains now is to await the promised statement from Mr. Ray Wood on the situation regarding the contact Barclays Bank made with him earlier this year concerning the RSSG funds.

I would now hope that the RSSG's Treasurer's position can be worked out in the weeks running up to the AGM date so that the funds, which have been effectively 'frozen' in the bank account since Mr. Wood's resignation last year, can be accessed and forwarded to the 'Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children' in London as stated in item 19 of the RSSG's 'Constitution and Rules of the Group'.

Once again, my thanks to you Chris for the information posted on this thread.

Yours With Respect.....

Steve.

To all concerned,

As promised, I will shortly be in a position to post information relating to the up to date management of the RSSG bank account and the membership's funds held in the account.

I feel it would be inappropriate to post the information on this thread, reasons being that this thread is about the forthcoming RSSG AGM and what I will post is related to specific details of the RSSG bank account and management of the RSSG funds only. When I receive written conformation of various discussions that have taken place over the last two weeks, between my Solicitor, myself, and members of staff at Barclays Bank PLC I will be in a full position to give out relevant information. I have been assured by telephone this morning, written conformation will be with me from Monday onwards. I will then give out the information I have under a separate thread.

Regards

Ray Wood

:)

Dear Ray

Thanks for that up-date....I, for one, look forward to the conclusions of your consultations with the appropriate parties.

Start another thread by all means but the details of what you post will most definately be appropriate on this thread due to the nature of the ramifacations and actions of an AGM.

The fact that 'at present' the RSSG has not got a Treasurer in place, whether elected by hand or co-opted by committee members, is sad to acknowledge.

I am very pleased that there appears to be some form of loophole that allows you, a resigned committee and individual member of the RSSG, to be able to have any access to the RSSG funds at all.

Given that there is no person tied to the position of Treasurer within the RSSG at this time, I welcome, if not fully understand, that you are in a position to give the membership of the RSSG some form of statement on the present situation of the RSSG financial account to date.

Knowing you reasonably well Ray, I know that the final fund total will be in a position for 'someone' to be able to ensure that it is directed to the charity stated within the Constitution and Rules of the RSSG when the group is dissolved on June 14th 2003. Item 19 covering that route.

I find it very encouraging that the three guys who were in this at the very start are now working towards ensuring that the 'right' thing is done towards the unfortunate closure of the RSSG.

It at least shows that dispite the changes that have occured within the short life of the RSSG, the 'right thing' is always the right thing to do.

Given that yourself and Lee are no longer members of the RSSG and as such cannot technically attend the AGM, I am quite happy, if it sits well with you two, to ensure that whatever needs to be done is carried out correctly at that meeting.

Every RSSG member reading this can rest assured that I emphatically informed Chris Goddard at the EGM last November, that his first function as the new General Secretary of the RSSG was to get someone installed as the new Treasurer straight away, so the funds could be accessed and used to forward the RSSG's aims and goals.

It is my understanding that the RSSG funds should be in the exact state of affairs as they were left in from the minute of your resignation from office and the group. The RSSG funds were only accessible with two signatures on any cheques, yours and Ian Jobling's. Ian has never been able, nor did he ever wish to do so, to access the account without your signature accompanying his, so the funds should be the same state of affairs as they were on the Sunday that Lee announced both your resignations. I would be very concerned if this is not the case.....however, I cannot see how it could be any different given the steps that were put into place when the Constitution and Rules were drawn by us all.

I would hope that this is the case but from reading the posts made by firstly Peter, then Lee and now by yourself, the implication is that something may be amiss. Lets hope that this is not correct and is a misunderstanding on my reading of the previous posts and that all these consultations with bankers and solicitors are just to ensure that come the time of the fold-up of the RSSG, that the funds are protected from any other avenue other than item 19 of the RSSG.

The results of your consultations are eagerly awaited.....then steps can be taken to ensure that everything that needs to be done to fold the RSSG correctly can be applied on June 14th 2003.

Yours With Respect.......

Steve.

To All Concerned,

In light of Mr Richardson’s (eelfisher) latest post on this thread, I feel it prudent to make the following announcements and observations;

At no time during my involvement in the RSSG as its general secretary or, as an individual member of the same, did I have anything to do with the management of RSSG funds. Either in the past, present, or in the future.

However, regarding my limited involvement in RSSG financial affairs within the time frame when I was its general secretary, I will confirm that I did spend several hundred pounds of my own money on getting the organisation established. Details of these sums of money were sent to the then RSSG treasurer (via email and kept on file) but I refused to claim these amounts back. I was and still remain, perfectly happy making this financial contribution towards efforts of helping the RSSG get on a solid financial footing quickly at that time.

I also have had no official involvement in various proceedings that Ray Wood has undertaken with Barclays PLC or his solicitor regarding management of RSSG funds since the time of Ray Wood’s resignation as RSSG chairman. My only unofficial involvement was to make an announcement on AN on behalf of Ray concerning the issue of RSSG funds and to give Ray any pertaining advice that I could when asked. At that time, Ray was unable to post himself for various reasons which will I’m sure come to light when he finally issues his statement.

I wish to assure all concerned that there is “NO” loophole existing that entails Ray being placed in the position he finds himself in now, which of course, is “NOT” of his own choosing. What has/is transpiring, is all very much part of standard legal banking procedure given the state of all relevant issues surrounding the management of RSSG funds to date. In this regard, it is my opinion that the “ordinary” RSSG membership is fortunate indeed to have Ray being prepared to step back in order to sort out this issue. This really is NOT what Ray would have liked, but Ray is “old school” so it duty bound by his own principles to do what’s best for the ordinary RSSG membership’s interests regarding their funds.

I also wish to establish and confirm, that as both a properly resigned officer, and individual member of RSSG, I am “NOT” involved in any way shape or form in this forthcoming AGM or indeed, what appears to be a foregone conclusion regarding the organisations dissolution. And personally speaking, if I were still involved in any capacity within the RSSG, I would certainly strongly favour a postal ballot of the membership being undertaken to decide the RSSG’s fate. I certainly can’t envisage many RSSG members being able to make the journey toward the Northern venue that this AGM has been organised to take place at. As such, would any decision taken at this AGM be truly representative of the membership as a whole? Surely a postal ballot would be the right course to take given the finality of the issue. Admittedly though, that’s merely my own personal opinion and the present doers within RSSG will do what they feel is best for the organisations memberships interests I’m sure.

Finally, I would like to close by offering my utmost thanks and admiration to the rank and file membership of the RSSG. Most will be unaware of this, but through the enormous generosity shown by rank and file RSSG members, the RSSG via its hundred or so members managed to generate more funds than any other organisation I know of a similar size in a very short space of time. I salute you all.

Ray’s statement will follow as soon as possible.

Signing off,

The Trent Barbeler.

quote:

I also have had no official involvement in various proceedings that Ray Wood has undertaken with Barclays PLC or his solicitor regarding management of RSSG funds since the time of Ray Wood’s resignation as RSSG chairman

I was just wondering who has paid for the solicitors fees.

quote:

My only unofficial involvement was to make an announcement on AN on behalf of Ray concerning the issue of RSSG funds and to give Ray any pertaining advice that I could when asked. At that time, Ray was unable to post himself for various reasons which will I’m sure come to light when he finally issues his statement.

Was this when Rays strings were broken :(

quote:

This really is NOT what Ray would have liked, but Ray is “old school” so it duty bound by his own principles to do what’s best for the ordinary RSSG membership’s interests regarding their funds.

Hmmmmmmmm whats that smell

quote:

if I were still involved in any capacity within the RSSG, I would certainly strongly favour a postal ballot of the membership being undertaken to decide the RSSG’s fate

Well we all know that you are not involved and the fate was sorted a long time ago by cronies

quote:

Surely a postal ballot would be the right course to take given the finality of the issue. Admittedly though, that’s merely my own personal opinion

Well yes it is and you decided to wash your hands a while ago I recall but it is nice of you to now make this known at the death of the RSSG

quote:

Finally, I would like to close by offering my utmost thanks and admiration to the rank and file membership of the RSSG. Most will be unaware of this, but through the enormous generosity shown by rank and file RSSG members, the RSSG via its hundred or so members managed to generate more funds than any other organisation I know of a similar size in a very short space of time. I salute you all.

Hmm that smell again.

John.

Fisherking, believe it or not (and I don't care if you do) some of us RSSG members DID donate funds above and beyond the Princely sum of £3-00 asked as membership fees.

I do not know about the rest of us but I for one was aware of the clause 19 and am perfectly happy to see the money going to Gt Ormond Street Hospital.

Let's just show a little more charity in what is/was a pretty painful episode.

Den

PS.I am not even sure if I still qualify as a member!!

[ 18. May 2003, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: poledark ]

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic