Lady angler needs male help! Scunthorpe

suecharge

Thanks

Really not keen on canal fishing. To get anywhere I have to get into town on a bus then another bus out of town to the areas...not even sure a couple of them would be anywhere near a bus stop as they well tucked away down extremely long lanes behind fields etc. I am only 5ft 5 " and not very big. Not lazy but it seems one hell of a trek....and with all the gear.

Thanks for your input though.

Do you have any local canals you could visit? I have quite a few different free waters such as the canal/river and various ponds which I can fish, all of which are only a £2 return bus journey away.

I just take minimal gear, and often my 3 kids who are 8months old, 2 years old and 4 years old with me.... Its a bit of a handful at times, but a nice cheap day out.

I am a 52 yr old female who has been coarse fishing for about 11 years. Passionate about it. My other half left me 10 months ago and now my fishing has come to a standstill. I used to fish Merrys Pond and North Pond ( especially the handle) Messingham Sands a lot...like every week! I am missing my saturday or sunday fishing badly also I used to go down there just for a few hours in the evening sometimes.

Am now single parent and have all that goes with that but I dont drive ! I cant get to these places any more..taxis would be a huge expense to me that I couldnt afford. Live Brumby area. I know its a long shot but I am looking for a kind male who could pick me up now and again if fishing in Scunthorpe ( I like fishing for carp)... if I caught anything over say 18lbs ( my pb carp is 21lb 4 oz) I would need a hand getting it in maybe also. I know its a lot to ask but if you think you can help please let me know...thanks a lot.

Sue

is there no local club that have women anglers,i know you have to be carefull who you go with ,best of luck anyway

Two Emails with phone numbers and no reply so not require a lift very much :)

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

Dont know what the problem is Suecharge my old German mate Babs Kijewski never has any problem scrounging a lift-

59567_147694561927477_100000608023361_273953_5027233_n.jpg

18842_101301086566825_100000608023361_34146_3919902_n.jpg

Mind you she is a very good angler................

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Two Emails with phone numbers and no reply so not require a lift very much :)

Your signature may not put the lady at ease Les...

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

Les I did reply..did you not get my email?

I am signing off now cos I don't want it to turn into a joke Budgie. Happy fishing y'all.

Excuse me I simply forgot that some people dont have a sense of humour :rolleyes:

Les I did reply..did you not get my email?

I am signing off now cos I don't want it to turn into a joke Budgie. Happy fishing y'all.

Sue please don't be put off by Budgie, he's a big softie and would be the first to offer you a lift if he lived up your way. You would not believe the stick I get from him :rolleyes: that said I give as good as I get :lol: also, too much and he goes on bacon buttie rations at the next AN fish in :o:D

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Sue please don't be put off by Budgie, he's a big softie and would be the first to offer you a lift if he lived up your way. You would not believe the stick I get from him :rolleyes: that said I give as good as I get :lol: also, too much and he goes on bacon buttie rations at the next AN fish in :o:D

lyn

Not true at all! I am an evil piscatorial misogynist who believes the only place a woman has in angling is either back home in the kitchen slaving over a hot stove preparing particles for her man whilst he is in session or in her camper van producing mountains of bacon butties! ;)

NB Lyn if you ever tell anyone that Ive cooked you breakfast I will have to deny it totally! Got my macho image to defend!

:lol:

Ok I was making light by putting up a few pictures of Babs but on a serious side despite her looks she ain't no girly pussy! She roughs it (and don't moan about it) far less than a lot of bloke anglers I know and really is a very good angler.Stuff like driving by herself halfway across Europe in search of big fish and peeing in a bucket have never bothered her! True loads of half wit willy for brains blokes don't take her serious at first but she soon shows them she is serious! Rather than letting her looks be a "problem" she uses them as a "tool" and rather than being "taken advantage of" she is the one doing the twisting! Fair play to her.

Check out her website- http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F...amp;h=3AQDCQBRA

It must be difficult for a woman to "ask" for a lift/male help (and I mean that as there are so many true weirdo blokes out there,weirder than me even! :crazy:) So why not see if there are any other women anglers near you? Their numbers seem to me to be growing all the time (Lyn,Emma,Janet,Judy,Snuggles etc would you agree?) Are you a member of any local clubs?

Stick with us here Sue and I'm sure not only will you enjoy it but when we have fish ins etc some ones bound to be able to offer you a lift and I'm quite surprised your plea for help hasn't already been answered as Lyn says most on here are only to willing to help out other anglers regardless of sex.........in fact on the subject of sex sex as opposed to gender sex most on here prefer sheep :o and the only propositioning Ive ever had to deal with was/is from Elton....but I like to just keep him dangling...... :wub:

Edited by BUDGIE