Braid'd line....

chris mc

...Right guys i'm a bit aragant towards braid line(probs spelt it wrong),i haven't got a clue wot it's advantages/dis-advantages are or were to use it.So could any of you lads/Ladies(befor get shouted at) help me out by telling me?.....I don't usealy like a change my motto is "if it isn't broke dont fix it" and thats the case with my chosen/proven line Maxima.But just curiouse to wot i might be missing out on.

Search this section. Use powerpro as the search term. Lots of discussions on the topic and I think most of what there is to say has been said in one or more of those threads.

But if that isn't enough, same search in the Session Carp section will turn up another dozen.

[ 01. March 2003, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I have moved over to braid for most of my fishing, I feel that its more supple as well as giving a better contact and feel of the fish, it can be a lot less in thikness lb for lb, but can be expensive it depends what you buy, and what you intend to fish for, the one I have just loaded two reels with is Fox Gravitron its not cheap, £29 for 250 meters, I think it was, but worth it to me.