Fen fishing Social

Norfolkdipper

Sadly I'm going to have to (for once!) be sensible and not attend this fish in.Leg still strapped up and walking still not 100%.Despite the many kind offers from people to help I think that I'm not going to be stable enough on my feet and that the pressure of laying on my bed chair will only aggravate the leg.

But as John said a massive thanks and well done to Mark for the effort he has put in to organising this,I'm glad that at least one person took on board my post about Anglers Net Fish Ins.Lets hope some more are inspired by Mark to do so.

Also an apology to those who had expressed an interest in some predator instruction.I will make sure that a AN Pike Teach In is arranged as soon as I'm back on my feet (literally!) again.

Good luck to all attending hope you have a good time,and once again nice one Mark.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly I'm going to have to (for once!) be sensible and not attend this fish in.Leg still strapped up and walking still not 100%.Despite the many kind offers from people to help I think that I'm not going to be stable enough on my feet and that the pressure of laying on my bed chair will only aggravate the leg.

But as John said a massive thanks and well done to Mark for the effort he has put in to organising this,I'm glad that at least one person took on board my post about Anglers Net Fish Ins.Lets hope some more are inspired by Mark to do so.

Also an apology to those who had expressed an interest in some predator instruction.I will make sure that a AN Pike Teach In is arranged as soon as I'm back on my feet (literally!) again.

Good luck to all attending hope you have a good time,and once again nice one Mark.

Hi Budgie

Disapointed you are not going but maybe meet in the future.

Not too many have posted that they are going would be nice if they did.

I have not really been into predator fishing other than spinning/lure fishing when the river is low cold and clear. however I am really getting interested in Zander as a mate of mine fishes the fens regularly for them. He had a 8lbs 12 from ten mile bank last weekend.

Get well soon and back on the bank.

regards

John

Hi all

If there are going to be a few anglers fishing Friday afternoon/evening I will join you, sadly I can only fish until 9ish as I have a match Saturday morning. But it will be good to meet a few of you and may be even catch a Zed

Darrell

Thanks John, Zander may not be the greatest fighting fish Ive caught but they are an interesting target none the less.I think the environment they live in and the fact that night is the time for them adds a lot to this. Fishing for them can become very addictive especially big ones.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Well my gear is sorted, not sure what time I will get out of work at as I have a half days leave but some time around lunchtime. Had to buy a new twiddling stick yesterday to make up some new traces as I cant find my old one. It was living in the wrong place all year, it was with my bite alarms for most of the year and I had good intentions to move it back to the Pike gear. I remember putting it "some place safe" but not with the Pike gear :rolleyes: no doubt it will turn up again when I don't need it :D

Hope to see a few of you over the weekend.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

I have got a full days work I should be doing and not sitting here typing but will be away sometime this afternoon.

May not fish tonight but prepare for an early start as some sleep will be necessary. At least it gets dark for longer now thats a help when you need a bit of sleep and you also like fishing in the dark.

The way things are looking by responses here so far Mark and his mate want the first 2 pegs, which are down a short slope from the carpark, and Dales and I have the choice of the next mile of river.

The good thing (or bad depending on your veiw) is that you don't have to spend ages deciding which swim as the whole length of the middle level looks pretty much identical. Same depth same width. There are the odd tree's and bridges but mostly any swim will do.

regards

John

Dales

As you said you want to target zander this winter make a not of how long it takes to get near Ely.

Its a lot nearer than the middle level and is the start of some great predator fishing. I would think from east london its a fairly quick journey.

Regards

John

Dales

As you said you want to target zander this winter make a not of how long it takes to get near Ely.

Its a lot nearer than the middle level and is the start of some great predator fishing. I would think from east london its a fairly quick journey.

Regards

John

Cheers, thats a good idea.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

The way things are looking by responses here so far Mark and his mate want the first 2 pegs, which are down a short slope from the carpark, and Dales and I have the choice of the next mile of river.

On a positive I might put some lures in my bag and go for a wander tommorow afternoon. I was not going to bother as the last thing some ones wants is a noddy chucking lures around while they are float fishing but if there is space I might have ago.

I think Terry T and Renrag are coming?

Guys Yes/No?

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Species Caught 2013

Species Caught 2012
Species Caught 2011
Species Caught 2010
Species Caught 2009
Species Caught 2008
Species Caught 2007

Yes Renrag is coming (peg 2). There is plenty of room. So fancy a drain with cats in it next March? See you tomorrow morning everyone.

Mark.

Fishing is the most peaceful & solitary group activity a going. Every watewr is different every day, thanks for that as same would be boring....