Sign in to follow this  
The Diamond Geezer

The big UK Rapala SuperShadRap lure Rip-off!

They were £7.00 at Chatsworth, or free with a subscription to the Countryside Alliance and signed by no less than Charles Jardine himself! I paid the £7.00 instead!!

[ 08. June 2004, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Originally posted by jeepster:

hardly news is it, virtually anything you claim to mention is cheaper in america, even products made in the UK

Hi, Hillbilly here, been away for a while. Last week my wife and I went to visit my daughter and family in Michigan. I spotted a Bass Pro shop 5 miles from her house. Of course I had to go look see. My wife said not to buy anything as I have enough gear to start my own shop.

The place is an anglers heavan. It's geared for US style fishing (lures, short rods etc.). I couldn't resist a Mitchell 308X at $25. Also bought a pair of Polaroid sunglasses and 100 yds of 30lb Power-Pro. $50 total. My wife didn't mind and asked me to take her the next day after I told her they sold clothes. She spent more than I had the day before. All I bought was a lure box for $2.99 that was knocked down from $6.99.

Turned out a T shirt was too large so I took it back for an exchange. While doing this I saw that the lure boxes had been reduced to 99 cents. I asked if I could return my lure box and then buy another for 99 cents (I know, I'm tight). I was told that there was no need to bother, they would just give me a cash rebate. So I grabbed another lure box and still got more than $1 back cash. What a country!

Hillbilly.

quote:

Originally posted by Colin Brett:

Sorry mate couldn't resist it!!

___________ Posted Image

DG

[ 09. June 2004, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

quote:

Originally posted by Nugg:

before you get too carried away their prices are ex-VAT.

DOH !

________________ Posted Image

__________ Posted Image

[ 09. June 2004, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]