Manor Farm Evesham

lyn

Just to say we, Liam and I have just had a few days up at Manor Farm. If you are lookimg for mixed fishing then this is the place. It's clean, cheap has everything you need and I can't express enough just how helpful Dave and Wendy are. I will do a full report later as we only got home at 2am and we have the car to unload before Liam plays cricket.

I will add that I was totally outfished by that son of mine and he was nearly walking home after ending the evening/trip catching a 2lb 4oz roach on the river!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lyn

PS Budgie, could have done with you there as I cooked far too much dinner x

Edited by lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

a full write up soon?

Hope so, Evesham isn't far from me and it might be nice to spend a week there fishing the river. I have this vision of it being rammed with anglers and no space tp roam & trot, hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Rusty

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

We arrived Wednesday evening, set up the tent and headed off to the river. It was getting late by the time we got to the river so just picked a couple of swims and settled down the evening . We fished for a couple of hours until about 1030 but both blanked. Thurs we went to one of the small match lakes, not my idea of fishing but Liam enjoys fishing the pole which is why we chose this venue to cater for us both. I had a bit of fun flost fishing with my AN pin and catching a few carp on it. Liam had a 10lb 8oz carp on his pole which was his first 'pole caught' carp and a good fish for the pond we were on. We both had several other carp and Liam had a nice crucian over 1lb.

Back to the river in the evening but had a better look at it, again fished until about 11pm and both blaked and yet the swims looked perfect. Some men that had been fishing the week had said it was really hard going and they had only managed 2 barbel and a chub between them. Friday morning I dropped Liam off at the match lake and I went and packed up then we went down the river in the afternoon so that we could see a more of it. Liam had another good session on the match lake with plenty of carp.

The men I was talking to had said they had zander taking small chub they had caught, next time I will be targeting those!! Liam manged to get in the same swim but someone was in mine so I went above him but managed to get back to my swim a bit later in the day. His first catch was a 5lb 4oz barbel followed by a cracking PB 4lb 4oz chub but that wasn't enough as I said he ended the day with an amazing 2lb 4oz roach. What a cracking fish, the sort dreams are made of. I've never even been lucky enough to see one before but was so pleased to witness this one.

There is plenty of space on the lakes and the river, you have plenty of choice, there was hardly anyone fishing it so we had the choice of swims but the swims we had fished on the Thurs eve, we had both liked the look of and that's why we decided to fish the same swims.

As I said we will go back, it's a 200+mile round trip for us but worth it. Great stretch of river, bigger and deeper than I was expecting. There are narrow boats going up and down but not too many. Well worth a visit.

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Hope so, Evesham isn't far from me and it might be nice to spend a week there fishing the river. I have this vision of it being rammed with anglers and no space tp roam & trot, hope I'm wrong.

My parents and I were regulars at Manor Farm until they introduced day ticket/night fishing on the river sections. The last time we visited all the best Barbel pegs were occupied for the whole week we were there with camper vans and bivvies etc. Which really spoilt the week for me as that was the reason for making the trip down there. Needless to say we haven't been back since.

This was a little while ago now so things might have changed since then and it was a particularly busy period immediately prior to the Evesham Angling Festival over the August bank holiday which might explain why it was so busy.

It's still one of the best sections of river I've ever fished so you'll just have to take you chances and hope for the best.

Edited by davelozman

Dave

Middlebrough Angling Club

Visit My Website

Follow Me On Twitter

Born to fish..................... Forced to work!

Good report Lyn,

Nice to hear the river fishing well.

I've not fished Manor Farm, usually perferring Anchor Meadow in the middle of the Manor Farm pegs, but having read this report will certainly give it more consideration.

Can you give me a rough idea where the roach came out, and what bait it fell to?

Well done!

PS Budgie, could have done with you there as I cooked far too much dinner x

That's about right Lyn! Ironically I was only just up the road visiting Andrew and we had toyed with the idea of a session on Manor Farm/Anchor meadow!

Great Roach Liam had there I really am envious. If the Fen Fish In doesn't produce Zeds (again) for the virgins then Manor Farm would be a good choice for s second attempt this year me thinks.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Good report Lyn,

Nice to hear the river fishing well.

I've not fished Manor Farm, usually perferring Anchor Meadow in the middle of the Manor Farm pegs, but having read this report will certainly give it more consideration.

Can you give me a rough idea where the roach came out, and what bait it fell to?

Well done!

It came from peg 47, It was about 2/3's out, The setup was a running feeder with 12Ib mainline, with a 40cm hooklink with a size 8 hook and 10Ib line, the killer bait was 15mm spicey shrimp and prawn, (trimmed down quite abit though!) The swim is quite snaggy which is why I stepped my gear up! You will need a longer than average landing net handle as right infront of you is thick weed and is quite hard to land with a small handle. (The roach came off the same setup amazingly!!)

Liam W