sea trout are here

phil dean

I had the upsetting site, whilst driving to work, of seeing a couple of anglers fishing my favorite pool. Even more upsetting was that one of them was clearly playing a fish, and one had a sea trout at his feet.

but it does mean that they're in, and there are plenty of reports of fish.

enjoy!!

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

They've been in the Ribble for ages but the fly lads can't touch them I can't get rid of the so and so's when I'm trotting for barbel!!! have had plenty up to 5lb a red and a white maggot seems to do it for them!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

LOL, shhh don't tell anyone, I had two last night ....... on bright pink float dough.

After I had two go for my indicator i decided to put my hook in the indicator....result, two fish in two casts, time to go home (2lb and 3lb, so not as big as yours)

it makes the whole "blob controversy" even more amusing.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Phil

I presume these were taken on the South Tyne, not by the Metro Centre?

:)

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

these were, but it's a fair question, guess where I'm going for an hour between meetings this evening, and there are fish there too.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Let me know how you get on Phil; with Sue undergoing treatment at the moment it's unlikely we will be up there in the near future, but you never know

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• 1 year later...
I had the upsetting site, whilst driving to work, of seeing a couple of anglers fishing my favorite pool. Even more upsetting was that one of them was clearly playing a fish, and one had a sea trout at his feet.

enjoy!!

hi phil i used to fish for sea trout in cornwall, scotland and other places with a reasonable degree of success (1980s). for 5or 6 years ive been trying varous sections of the lower ribble with generally pretty poor results. ive seen good numbers of fish around, and covered them with a variety of methods, but only had a few, many blanks, and most frustrating, even the small "herling" or "finnock" seem v hard to catch on fly. i admit my fishing takes place on moderate quality association water on the lower reaches, i understand the best holding pools are further up above clitheroe? have you any helpful comments? cheers, teal blue

enjoy!!

sorry phil, my reply wont make any sense to you, I didnt realise your post (24.6.08) wasn't relevant to ribble! trying to find someone in same predicament as myself. However, my daughter's recently started at newcastle uni, so will be passing thro haltwistle from time to time, sounds like a nice place to get a day ticket en route..... teal blue