York Lakeside Lodges

nogbert

Anyone been there lately,been looking for somewhere around that area for a week in september where i can go fishing and the missus can go shopping,checked out several forums but it seems no one wants to give out much info or are trying to put people off going,i know theres some kind of syndicate on it so dont want to pay my money for a week in a lodge then find out theres people covering the swims day and night....any info appreciated.cheers

Anyone been there lately,been looking for somewhere around that area for a week in september where i can go fishing and the missus can go shopping,checked out several forums but it seems no one wants to give out much info or are trying to put people off going,i know theres some kind of syndicate on it so dont want to pay my money for a week in a lodge then find out theres people covering the swims day and night....any info appreciated.cheers

Rather than be met wth 'deafening silence'. I shall reply but I'm sorry I don't know anything to tell you. I just looked in on this thread to see if it was the pond I used to fish in York years ago. There were no lodges then, but thing s change. I hope that someone will let you know. In the meantime why don't you ring the people who take the bookings and ask for the fishing info, if they don't know that should find out for you or be able to signpost you to who might.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

I googled it out of curiosity, it is Moor Lane pond, we used to call it 'Oggy's Pond'. I last fished there in 1979 so any info will be sadly out of date, it used to be a day ticket place. That got around having to shut up shop for the coarse close season by putting a nominal number of trout in it to be able to call it a 'mixed fishery' and so could take money from anglers all year round.

I caught my one and only Tench there and took some good pike there as well as lots of jacks. The banks look alot more built upon and the shore much more tree sheltered. It may well be clogged up with carp now.

Their website says the fishin' is £20 PW and the gallery shows men holding big fat carp.

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

I didn't reply because its about 30yrs since I last fished the place, when we knew it as just 'Dringhouses Lake'.

A lovely place to fish, especially for the tench, perch, roach and pike. Like most other waters it got stocked with carp, and I heard that a syndicate had taken over, and then I heard about the lodges being built, and it was designated a 'Holiday Carp Fishery'.

There used to be a smaller lake just down the road, past the housing estate, it was free fishing, and there were few carp in it, so we fished there for a while. I don't know if it's still there, but might be worth enquiring.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John