pike fishing day!

Coupz

I've been asked to organise a one-off fishing day for pike fisherman only, at lomond hills fishery, on the holl reservoir.

only deadbait and livebait allowed! No lures etc allowed due to vast amount of trout!

There are 10 boats available and bank permits aswell! it's currently a fly only venue, it's approx 42 acres in size ( www.lomondhillsfishery.co.uk)

was curious to see if any you guys have ideas, tips and what price would be suitable for the day? as this my first time organising a day for other pike fisherman!

2 men 2 rods per boat £40??

bank permit £15 per rod??

any suggestions , ideas or tips would be appreciated

thanks shaun

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

livebaits are banned in Scotland, just a heads up.

is that £40 each man per boat ? seems a bit steep if so. ive seen it more expensive for hiring a boat for the day.

also i think £15 per rod is too much, maybe a rod limit would be better for £15. ive never seen a per rod charge in my life.

most pikers i know fish with 3 rods at a time and i just wouldn't be interested in paying £45 for a day pike fishing

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

yeah been speeking to other anglers on different forums andy lol cheers! come up with , i think is reasonable £10 pp max 3 rods for bank fishing , and for boat fishing £10 pp including a £5 hire charge for the boat! ?????

yeah been speeking to other anglers on different forums andy lol cheers! come up with , i think is reasonable £10 pp max 3 rods for bank fishing , and for boat fishing £10 pp including a £5 hire charge for the boat! ?????

I'm no pike angler, and the only advice I can offer is......done forget your unhooking mat! ;)

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

The price of a days trout water piking is really dictated by the waters track record for producing big pike. Since the heady days of the TR's first opening and some great fishing been initially had many many other waters have opened up their doors. Inevitably at the same high prices and many "wannabe" TR pikers have been suckered into shelling out their dough!..........to catch (or really I should say "to fish for") monsters (in fact sometimes even pike full stop!) that simply aren't (and never were!) there! I should think that most have wised up to this by now (surely?)

I personally have never attended any TR fish in unless I have known they had a history of producing big pike because contrary to what many think not all TR's have them!

If the water in question has such a history (Ive never heard of any but that doesn't mean it hasn't as I m not exactly local to the area!) then you should make use of that to promote the fish in and charge accordingly.......charge accordingly because if it does have good piking then it wont last long!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

At Esthwaite they charge £27 per day (shore permit) extra for a boat, exta extra for a motor for it!.......

http://www.hawksheadtrout.com/predator.html

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

as it currently runs as a trout fishery there have been regular pike anglers up fishing! and the feedback I've had back it's pretty good! the pike record so far for the holl is 32lb 4 oz, with a regular catch of doubles between 11 lb - 18lb , and alot of jacks aswell! so this is why I've am organising a day for pike fishing only.

this is a trial day which could become an outing regularly!

Had some fantastic feedback from everyone thank you!

all rules have been finalised aswell

Cheers, shaun