dace

dave e

hi chaps, a quick question for any pikers out there, I have not fished our local canal for a few years, and find it now full of dace. the question is, are dave any good as live or dead bait for pike? it is time to stock up my freezer for the winter piking.

dave e

dave e:

hi chaps, a quick question for any pikers out there, I have not fished our local canal for a few years, and find it now full of dace. the question is, are dave any good as live or dead bait for pike? it is time to stock up my freezer for the winter piking.

dave e

Dace are usually found in fast running water. Are you sure that these aren't bleak, or small chub?

Dace can make good live/dead baits, but check the fishery's rules.

Most now want live-baits to be taken in the same session as your pike-fishing, and a lot of venues ban the use of freshwater dead-baits to avoid the transportation of disease organisms.

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

dave e:

are dave any good as live or dead bait for pike? it is time to stock up my freezer for the winter piking.

dave e

Don`t know about daves but I have caught Pike on Dace

Dave

[ 07. September 2003, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: fisherman ]

ANMC Founder Member. Always learning