RSSG Funds

Everybody,

Everybody has made mistakes in the course of the RSSG from begining to end.

Every committee member and every member who did nothing.

What is that saying about casting stones!?.

I know that I am guilty, So why can't everyone else except their own guilt,gracefully.

Surely who made which mistakes is irrelevent now.

All that is needed now is to get the money to the childrens hospital.

Does anyone know how to help Chris do this easily?.

Why Chris deserves to be the one that all this responsibility falls on, is beyond me.

The money belongs to everyone who donated it.

So the responsibility to get it to where it should go also belongs to them.

Some really nice guys have already lost good friendships over this.

All you Guys that are friends now are going to fall out over this beyond reason.

Also some are going to miss out making friends that you have not met yet,at future fishing meets.

Recriminations are a negative investment for everybody.

When the hospital gets the money we ALL will have done something good. Lets aim for that alone.

.........Liam

"Wisdom is the knowledge of how little we know"

Barbelangler.co.uk

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Chris Goddard:

[As I now see it having read the "post" It is indeed you Mr Woods who is still a responsible person with regard to the accounts for the RSSG is it not?? There was as I recall a financial statement produced at the last meeting we held in Barnsley. The fact that was not minuted does not mean it did not take place at least we have some witnesses for that.

To All,

As previously stated, Chris Goddard will now have six months from the date when the banker’s cheque was made out to open a new account with a RSSG appointed co-signatory at any bank of the RSSG choosing. The RSSG bank account is now closed and the cheque Chris Goddard has in his possession has the right payee entered on it. My statement made it quite clear why the cheque was made payable to the RSSG.

Chris you are mistaken I am not responsible for the funds of the RSSG my involvement is now at an end that was made quite clear in my previous statement. The remaining RSSG committee and your good self are now responsible for the funds. Yes you will have to open a new account in the name of the Rivers System Support Group to enable you to either carry on the RSSG or donate the funds in the event of the RSSG dissolving at the forthcoming AGM.

As for a financial statement being presented at the EGM if such an important item was not in the minutes then it did not happen. I also have private emails from Ian Jobling where he categorically states he did not present a statement and that no one present asked for one. I also find it strange that Steve Richardson would omit a resigning Treasures financial report from the minutes of the EGM given his vast experience of taking minutes of meetings.

I will not enter into any debate that others would turn into an unnecessary slagging match they are of course entitled to their opinions facts are indeed facts and those responsible have to acknowledge the part they played in this issue. I am sure it would serve certain individuals purpose if they could blame “Lee Fletcher” and “Me” for all of this, the reality is they can’t. A full committee was in place when we resigned they were responsible for the running of the RSSG and its bank account.

My statement merely shows the facts that no one past or present tried to deal with the bank account that is fact not fiction and I make no apology for keeping the membership informed.

Some would like this issue to go away may I suggest then that they stop posting utter rubbish on a subject they have no knowledge of.

On a final note and this is for Steve Richardson, solicitors were needed to protect myself from the position I had been placed in either by accident or by design and nothing else. Should you need further clarification on the use of solicitors in this matter please do not hesitate to contact me by private email.

Regards

Ray Wood

Dear Peter

Just back in from some not so fruitful tench fishing.....superb fishing company excluded.

My comments made about the none co-operation from MK 1 committee to the MK 2 chaps....this was made in defense of the 'whole' of the MK 1 committee personnel...not myself.

I was just pointing out that the statement you wrote was 'tosh'.....no offense was taken by me from a personal view point, OK.

How could I take offence with your good self....we have exchanged thoughts and views both in public and in private and always we have maintained a healthy respect for each other....long may that continue. :)

Quote....Ray Wood...."A full committee was in place when we resigned they were responsible for the running of the RSSG and its bank account."

Well Ray, if a 'full' committee, as dictated by the Rules and Constitution of the RSSG, was in place when you both resigned I shall bungy jump from Sawley road bridge into the mighty Trent. The RSSG at the time of your resignations was a Chairman and a General Secretary missing. There were people in place who could have 'covered' these positions....and they probably would have done so if you had both resigned in the correct manner, via consultation and courtesy with the rest of the RSSG committee at that time. However, the simple fact is this Ray....the positions of Chairman and General Secretary were vacant from the moment that you both resigned without respect to the rest of the RSSG committee and the whole of the membership as well.

Quote.... Ray Wood...."I also find it strange that Steve Richardson would omit a resigning Treasures financial report from the minutes of the EGM given his vast experience of taking minutes of meetings."

You are correct here Ray...it would have been strange if I had done that. There was no financial statement read out but one was handed over to Chris Goddard by Ian Jobling after the meeting had taken place....hence no mention of it in the minutes.

The EGM was about handing over the reins of the RSSG to Chris.....not about officers reports. Ian, Dave, Steve and myself all resigned after this took place and it was at this juncture whereby the financial report maybe should have been read out. It wasn't and I will conceed that this was a mistake in hindsight......and I will accept that responsibility....the thought process was along the lines of 'a new treasurer would be put in place and he could report on the whole financial situation at the expected soon to be convened committee meeting after that EGM had taken place'.

Unfortunately, a new committee never evolved.

Nothing could have changed in the financial aspect since the day you walked away from the RSSG, other than additions to the fund...certainly not a detrimental situation to be in. Your act effectively froze the funds of the RSSG at that point. You resigned knowing that you had blocked access to the groups funds...not a very considerate action was it?.

Anyone sending cheques to the RSSG after your leaving would have made them payable to the 'RSSG' surely...so nothing irregular could have come about if they had been put to one side by anyone anyhow....and lets be serious here, we ain't looking at anything of that nature having either happened or potentially happening when you were there or after you left given the stated reasons above.

Quote...Ray Wood...."On a final note and this is for Steve Richardson, solicitors were needed to protect myself from the position I had been placed in either by accident or by design and nothing else. Should you need further clarification on the use of solicitors in this matter please do not hesitate to contact me by private email."

Having tried many many times to converse with you in private via e-mail as soon as you deserted/walked away from the RSSG and not having been given the courtesy of a reply by your good self during that period... a personal reply not being a reply written by Mr. Fletcher on your behalf I might add... I am sure that no private e-mail exchange will be occuring between us now or ever in the future...there's no need.

You never needed a solicitor Ray, you could have just established contact with the right people and have unburdened yourself of the financial restraints that held you still tied to the RSSG at that time....it only needed some form of co-operation and trust with your fellow anglers and this could have all been sorted out with considerably less expenditure on your part. You have shown by your actions to date that this exercise is not within your capabilities and thats a shame.

I am also sure that 'accident or design' didn't come into it either.....but it sounds dramatic anyway.

Quote...Ray Wood...."I am sure it would serve certain individuals purpose if they could blame “Lee Fletcher” and “Me” for all of this, the reality is they can’t."

Whomever those individuals may be...and it ain't me or anyone that I know personally thats for sure...the reality is that it wasn't just down to you two....but you had a mega big part in the whole sorry mess it has now has escalated into.

None of us are able to say we did things right, which is a shame to admit to, but its the truth.

Quote...Ray Wood..."I will not enter into any debate that others would turn into an unnecessary slagging match they are of course entitled to their opinions facts are indeed facts and those responsible have to acknowledge the part they played in this issue."

We'll leave it there then Ray...you've had your say, I have had mine, others have also commented and now the only thing to do is to help Chris to sort this all out.

I shall be one of a few who will try to help Chris because at the end of the day, having been subjected to such a lot of needless flack in a public domain, he has retained dignity and humility and has shown more moral fibre than many by still standing and trying to get this all sorted out without taking the easy route out and resigning in a huff.....and us all not knowing about it until it was posted on here.

Yours With Respect......

Steve.

PS....Chris, I shall be phoning you tomorrow evening so that we can decide which route is best taken.....you never know, someone may come along at the last minute and ask to try and keep this organisation afloat....lets not be so kind to that individual if it occurs....or should that be 'lets not be so unkind to that individual'.

PPS....It has been stated on here that Halifax is a long way for members to travel to an AGM.... but its a mere drive away from London for you to deliver a letter....just goes to show that anything is possible doesn't it.

Still smiling then Steve?......Yes, you bet. :):)

[ 09. June 2003, 05:21 AM: Message edited by: 'eelfisher' ]