Self-locking waggler floats

ClusterBomb

I bought a selection of waggler floats from my local tackle shop the other day, and although I didn't realise it at the time, they are of the self-locking variety. Can somebody tell me how I go about securing these to the line? Obviously with them self-locking, I can't use locking shot, so how is it achieved?

ClusterBomb:

I bought a selection of waggler floats from my local tackle shop the other day, and although I didn't realise it at the time, they are of the self-locking variety. Can somebody tell me how I go about securing these to the line? Obviously with them self-locking, I can't use locking shot, so how is it achieved?

There should be a hook at the end where the eye ussually is, put the line in the hook and slide the plastic cover over it to stop it coming out

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

Look at the base of the float.

A sleeve goes up to reveal a hook.

Place line in hook and then lower sleeve.

They work best with thick line.

If you intend to use thin lines then you have to jam in more line or some sort of paking..sleeve etc

Depending on the bait you can stil use some small shot to sink the float further.

have fun

"Muddlin' along"

ClusterBomb:

Well guys, I've had a look at the floats and there is no hook. They just have the normal hole to thread the line through. The only difference they have to my normal wagglers is that they are clear and you can see the weights inside them.

Are you sure they are self-locking and not self-cocking?

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

ClusterBomb:

Oh dear, looks like I've gotten my wires crossed! :rolleyes:

Can somebody explain the difference?

Self locking are when you dont need to use locking shot.

Self cocking are those that will cock themselves with the wieght on the bottom of the float.

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts