i want a new pole (MAVER MEDUSA)

hagz

i just spoke to my local tackle dealer who knows a thing or two about poles and always stocks a good selection of poles he let me try the medusa out in his yard (a big yard) alongside the garbolino antidote. there is about 50 to 100 quid difference in preice but with the antidote you get an extra topkit. he also informed me that the medusa is to be discontinued later this year after a longer than normal production run (testament to the quality of the pole) and as the antidote is a new pole i have sided with the garbolino pole i haven't bought it yet but aim to as soon as i can knock the price down at my local shop. so thanks for your advice and if you can see any good reasons why i shouldn't buy the garbolino and still buy the medusa let me know.

Hagz,

At the end of the day it is down to individual choice. Both poles are very good for their respective price tags. If Maver do discontinue the Medusa, you will still be able to get spares for some time after they stop.

The Garbolino will probably stop in a couple of years as well.

yep i understand what your saying it's just that the antidote is a lot newer than the medusa hence i suspect slightly more upto date so thanks for your input maver cos it was taken into consideration in my decision and there is still time to change my mind thanks

I have had my Medusa almost two years and I have never looked back. It is a super pole for any occasion wether it be carp or silver fish it will do the job. It's weight is a lot less than other poles in it's price range. I have caught carp up to 18lbs with 16 elastic in the power tops.I would recommend it to any pole angler, but try it first at your local dealer as everyone fishes differntly. Best of luck.