New Fishing Syndicate In The Midlands

carpinit

Another souless concrete lined (I once fished it when it was a trout fishery) hole in the ground stuffed with carp.

Of course, an alternative would be to join the BAA or KDAA and have access to miles and miles of local river fishing.

Or for those who only fish pools, there's always the Old Bear AC with its access to The Stack Pool. It's just down the road and also stocked with carp, tench and silvers and is an eigth of the price for an annual ticket.

I'm sorry, I just don't get the whole syndicate thing unless it provides access to somewhere truely special. The quoted cost is afterall the price of perhaps 20 day tickets that could be used explore the area, fish a variety of waters and have a changing view of different concrete bowls and muddy holes filled with water pigs - assuming that's your thing.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Google is your friend.

If by "good quality stillwater fishing", you mean stuffed with carp, there's dozens of them. So much so that I don't have a single stillwater to fish anywhere locally that isn't stuffed with the bl00dy things. Once again, five seconds on Google will find 'em. Depressing isn't it......

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

If by "good quality stillwater fishing", you mean stuffed with carp

No I don't and that's the problem!

What I mean is a picturesque water set in nice surroundings with a good stock of silver fish. I don't mind the odd carp but prefer catching nice size crucians, tench, roach and rudd.

Best of luck matey. Such things are hard to find hereabouts.

Where in Shropshire are you ?

If you're up Craven way, you might want to check out Walcot. This and loads of BAA river fishing can be had for the price of a card. I've not fished it in decades but it used to be very pretty with a good head of tench and silvers.

If you're over my way, you'll struggle. Even the SSRI's like Hurcott Pool seem to be stuffed with the alien water pigs.

You've no idea how much I hate the danm things..........

Oops, thats what happens when you post late at night and work crosses over into reality.

Obviously, I mean't SSSI's.

Sorry.

I've been up to Hurcot a couple of times. It is fished (16 June to 15 March only as it's a SSSI) but I don't recall who contols it. It's a very picturesque water though and if the cr@p population isn't to high, I might even consider joining.

Stack pool isn't so pretty and has an established cr@p population but seems to produce plenty of bream & some very, very large tench.

Edited by Ken L

I am closer to your way. I live in Highley (nr. Bridgnorth), work in Kiddy.

Going to get a BAA card after having my first taste of river fishing a couple of weeks ago and loving it also on the waiting list for the Kinver freeliners.

I suppose living on the Severn only fishing river's wouldn't be the worst thing in the world! Any idea how good the BAA pools are? I know there's not a lot of them but could do with somewhere for a bit of tenching.