A bit embarassing this but for once I'm a bit stumped...

tiddlertamer

It's a classic, bog standard chub. No signs of it being a hybrid at all.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, those chubs are bog standard!

They used to make good livebaits though.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

My first impression was chub. But then I read through the thread. And I still think it's a chub!

Chub, chub, chub chub, chub.

In my opinion. :D

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

The chub in the original photo was a very small one and at that size they do tend to be more silver. I have fished waters where where they all tend to look like that. On the other hand, I sometimes used to catch tiny ones from the River Glen that were like five pounders in miniature.

I can't understand how anybody could have thought it was a roach.

Edited by Peter Sharpe

My first thought was chub, and having seen the 2nd photo, it's still chub.

It's a chub! A very pretty one too.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

The look of a chub seems to vary an awful lot.

Compare this threads fat-bodied thing to my red-finned wonder and anderoos palid offering.

All chub then?

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/UK-silv...+identification

MC

I agree it isn't always easy but in this case it is! Well, to me at least.

If that isn't a chub then 80% of my chub catches will have to be struck off!

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

I agree it isn't always easy but in this case it is! Well, to me at least.

I counted 44 scales along the lateral line (possibly 45) absolutely bang on for a chub.