Pole pots...

dizidave

I broke a number one section by accident.

I sanded down the break so it was smooth.

I then went to the local hardware store and found a brass thread that fitted into the number one section, two washers and a nut that fitted the thread.

I then used araldite to glue the thread into the section and put on one of the washers up to join which was also glued to act as a buffer.

I can use any deoderant lids etc by making a hole in them and pushing the thread through the hole.

I then put on the washer then the nut and tighten up the nut.

I can now use any pole cup size I like.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Dizi! Could you enlighten me a little please, how much are these pole cups for sale at?? And how much would you consider to be reasonable??

A bit of market research this as I can get hold of the cups but have not bothered because I know not a lot about them!! So any feedback will be great!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

quite alot of lads use the on the brighouse canal for bread feed in the winter . . on asking them in the past I have found most of them keep the kinder shells on all the time when fishing and even pack the tops away with the shells fitted . .

hope this helps

hey waddaya know I can spell tomato !

I use the Hopkins and Holloway "Seymo" pop-a-pot device and make my own pots from those plastic film cannisters or the tops of spraycans and hairsprays. Just burn a hole in the base of the cap with a heated small screwdriver or large nail to the size that is required for the pop-a-pot device and push it on....

pop3.jpgpop1.JPGpop2.JPG

My Wine cellar is empty, Well, the Bottles in there are...Hic

Guest pholt_uk

pole pots are the business. If you're going to make them you're best bet is to use a kinder egg shell and they are dead easy to make. Take one half of the shell, pierce a hole in one side near the bottom edge and widen the hole until its just smaller than the diameter of your pole near the tip. Dont make it too big stright off, you can always make it bigger. Do the same on the other side, directly oposite the first hole then cut a slit in the bottom of the pot and cut thruogh until the slit meets the holes. Then just clip it onto your pole just before the tip.

These dont have to look pretty and you want a nice tight fit.

Having mastered the art of making them myself I thought the Toss Pots were pretty hilarious when they came out but I went on a match the other day and watched a friend using them and they are probably worth the 1.99 you'll pay for them. The main advantage is they have lids on with muchs smaller holes on top so you dont bounce your feed out when shipping the pole out. Also no slit so they can take sloppy or liquid feed.

Paul