Bite Alarms

craynerd

Hi guys, was watching John Wilson this morning and i noticed he uses a bite indicator in nearly all his lake fishing.

Do many of you lot use them, and when is it neccessary or better to use them....

The reason i ask is my uncle has just given me one, but i dunno when to use it or how! Its made by Fox and is pretty new, he`s also given me a swing indicator to keep the line down!?!?

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

craynerd:

Hi guys, was watching John Wilson this morning and i noticed he uses a bite indicator in nearly all his lake fishing.

Do many of you lot use them, and when is it neccessary or better to use them....

The reason i ask is my uncle has just given me one, but i dunno when to use it or how! Its made by Fox and is pretty new, he`s also given me a swing indicator to keep the line down!?!?

Chris

maybe he did in that 20mins long prog mate, but he uses all sorts of fishing methods for all types of fishing.

as a mere novice like myself i would ahem pocket the gift and maybe when we have mastered float fishing and quivertip ledgering etc you may get to use the bite alarm when carping or piking , that said no real reason why you cant use it for general ledgering etc. lets master or at least get my confident with the float and basic fishing set ups and tactics. Dont get me wrong i'm very keen to try other methods asap but i think patience has to be a big part in this sport :)

[ 01. March 2005, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Jonah13 ]

me.. ? I`m on msn try again craynerd@hotmail.com

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

hi craynerd

Depending on which modle you have u can use an alarm for anything that swims. jonah got a good point about getting the basics going rite first but involve the alarm later in the sesh if the tipping is slow or the winds giving false bites on the tip. could just wet that net. put you in my msn book keep at it mate and you will get there.