Angling is dying.

John Ellison

lyn:

Matt, I fish Farnham AS waters. It is Farnham junior members that I organise the Barbel fish-in for each year. Last year was cancelled through lack of interest but I was really pleased to have a 'full house' this year. At Stanford End where we hold this event juniors are only allowed when accompanied by an adult. This is one of the conditions written into the lease, Farnham gets no say in that.

If it is Farnham you fish and want to go up one Saturday or at half term then email me.

Farnham AS has a good strong junior membership with its own junior organisers. For anyone, any age to pike fish Farnhams waters they first have to attend a 'Pike teach-in' and have their permit stamped. They have to take along their pike gear to prove that they have have the right gear and then they have to handle a pike to show they know how to unhook one etc. I have always thought these are a great idea, even if you don't want to go pike fishing, by attending you will learn how to unhook one should you get one on when not fishing for them     Hey Budgie, maybe we ought to organise another pike teach-in and get some of these kids along    

lyn

Lyn, I fish Arborleigh, but thank you very much for the offer, I would love to take part int he Junior fish-ins at the Farnham stretch, but do you have to be a member to do so?

Cheers.

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sometimes selfish older anglers spoil it for everyone . . like those that want to ban night fishing cos they are in the age bracket that enables them to roll out of bed and go fishing at 10am every morning . . some see night fishing as a threat to there choice of best peg mid morning and stop progress after lots of hard work !!!

anyway now that's off me chest . . . what do you have to be in federation wise to put forward a junior national team ?

hey waddaya know I can spell tomato !