River fishing in Leicestershire or tench fishing?

samson

Hi i'm new on here and hope someone can point me in the right direction, i'm fed up of fishing the same old commercial day ticket carp waters around Leicester.

I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of some decent river fishing in the Leicestershire area, either day ticket or a club that has the fishing rights on some decent river stretches?

I'm not into match fishing so would like to fish where theres the potential to catch some reasonable sized fish

I'm also interested in doing some tench fishing if anyone can give me some advice as to where to go in the Leicestershire area, i dont mind joining a club or syndicate if anyone has any suggestions?

Any help much apreciated

Welcome.

Unfortunately there aren't many Leicestershire anglers posting on here, and those that do don't say much! The last request for Leicester tench fishing got no useful replies. Errrm does some river fishing ( but on the Dove I think, see http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/River-D...ion-t77822.html ) so might chip in there.

I'm stuck in the day ticket stillwater rut too and don't often get beyond Peatling Pools and Mill Farm.

it's not leicestershire, but leamington spa, warwick etc aren't that far away and can produce some great specimen fishing.

The river in the centre of leamington can produce decent chub roach barbel and pike, you could do worse than having a day trip down there.

I would have thought that the canals round you would be teaming with zander which can be great fun, espeically at night, as well as some huge eels.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Hi,

It depends on where in Leicestershire you are, if you are anywhere near Ashby-de-la-Zouch then I know of a couple of ponds that are rarely fished that contain tench up to 6 pounds. I have to travel up to Burton upon Trent to get to a river. Let me kow if you want any more information about either of these.

Errrm

Hi,

It depends on where in Leicestershire you are, if you are anywhere near Ashby-de-la-Zouch then I know of a couple of ponds that are rarely fished that contain tench up to 6 pounds. I have to travel up to Burton upon Trent to get to a river. Let me kow if you want any more information about either of these.

Hi mate i live fairly central not for from junction 21 of the m1 so any help would be much apreciated, i tried sending you a PM but it wont let me for some reason?

Cheers sam

Hi mate i live fairly central not for from junction 21 of the m1 so any help would be much apreciated, i tried sending you a PM but it wont let me for some reason?

Cheers sam

Hi,

You need to have made 15 posts before you can send PM's. So to avoid you having to make a load of posts for no reason is there an Admin who can get both our email addresses? If so can one of you forward my email address to him so he can contect me that way?

Errrm