esox (fish with big pointy teeth)

wesley

Ya can't go fishing in Notts these days without Esox spoiling the fun. There seems to be an epidemic of Pike in all nottingham waters at the moment. Double figures every day for the last 16 days on the run. Get out on the Trent and Beeston gravels with your favourite baits, you can't miss the Pike season, it's a must.Get rid of all these nasty beasties and lets get back to friendly tiddler fishing. Not.

Oh boy Wesley, you tinker you, who is out to raise a few hackles then! Welcome to the blood-bath mate!

Yes, there is a jack explosian on many waters. Probably because the bigger pike have been killed. Unfortunately we are going through something of a popularity thing with pike. Never has there been so many pikers, and some very bad pikers are in their midst. Unfortunately, as my theory goes, the appalling bite detection rate of very many of these new pikers is causing a high mortality rate amongst the bigger pike. We were probably at a peak of pike numbers a couple of years ago, the result of changing attitudes to pike. Since then inreased popularity has put paid to that I'm afraid. You need big pike to keep down the small pike. Worry not, pressure and over fishing will solve your problem, regretfully :( . But then I saw the 'Not' at the end of your post , you little demon you!!

wesley - welcome to AN and a nice first post. A good sense of humor is always welcome on here.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hello Wes. Good to have another Piker amongst the fold.

P.A.A.S.gif

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...