A blown out trip!

chevin

Being a pensioner these days I get a free trip each year and so this year I decided to go to a place called Kalbarri about a six hour drive north of here. The weather was beautiful but for the wind and swells! I had intended fishing the reefs, but the swells made it impossible and the winds made boat fishing impossible too - had I had one with me. I still tend to judge wind strength by the old Beaufort Scale even though it is not used here and I reckon that for several days it was blowing at hurricane force - the tops were being blown off the waves as they formed.

p1020517are3.jpg

While I was there I met up with a friend and we did a bit of touring and visted a beach at a place called Wagoe where I saw the most exciting bit of reef I have ever seen in my life. It is as flat as a table top and drops vertically into deep water - water deep enough for whales to negociate! Of course on that day the swells made fishing almost impossible but I had four casts and hooked a fish on one of them. Unfortunately I had to retreat and the fish was lost to the reef.

Although access to the reef is possible by driving along the beach it is not good country and the safest and easiest way to get to it is to rent a chalet at a holiday centre adjacent to the beach bordering to the reef. Even then a 4 x 4 is almost essential. I am already making plans to spend a couple of weeks there in February next year and I can hardly wait. Just have a look at some of the pictures at this site.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Looks nice, but the fins coming out of the water on one of those pics would be enough to convince me that wading wasn't an option! :o

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Looks nice, but the fins coming out of the water on one of those pics would be enough to convince me that wading wasn't an option! :o

Not a problem to me mate, given sufficient incentive I can walk on water. :D Though I have to say that I have dived with a lot of sharks and none of them have ever been a serious problem. One gave me an obvious warning which I chose to acknowlege in a way that left a brown stain in the water behind me. :D

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Not a problem to me mate, given sufficient incentive I can walk on water. :D Though I have to say that I have dived with a lot of sharks and none of them have ever been a serious problem. One gave me an obvious warning which I chose to acknowlege in a way that left a brown stain in the water behind me. :D

A good defence system use by octopus :lol: The number of people I make the same statement to who then look at me total disbelief.

Certainly looked a fantastic mark just a little green. :rolleyes::D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Guest Jan V

well here's to hoping we can provide a much more quiet fishing environment in North Carolina :fish:

Edited by Jan V

well here's to hoping we can provide a much more quiet fishing environment in North Carolina :fish:

I am hoping so too! Looking forward to it. :D