Kids!

Guest uk_lurcher

The little 'darling' has done it again!

Went out for our first trip of the season on Tuesday evening (the new bathroom had to be finished first). I blanked, he had one barbel of 10lbs 12ozs.

He now has two barbel to his name, both doubles!

I'll let him take me fishing from now on, I think I've taught him all I can :rolleyes: .

UKL

uk_lurcher,

Congradulations to your son and a Hardy Petri Heil from Germany. It is and will be one of the Best feelings in the world to have a child catch his or her first fish. The idea of being the one that witnessed it and your feelings of Joy that it was son, makes it a Greater Pleasure. Keep it up and we will all reap the benifits as time passes. :)

HOPPY

Personally, I wouldn't take him again :D

Or I'd threaten not to take him again if he didn't hand the rod over the next he had a barbel on :D

Seriously though, what an excellent start. Let's just hope he doesn't expect a double every time!

[ 29. August 2002, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: Waterman ]

Strewth 2 doubles - lets hope he hasn't peaked too soon. I friend of mine took his boy on the Kennet some years ago and he had a 9lber on the bank before dad had even tackled up his rod!! Unfortunately it rather spoilt him and he became disillusioned at only catching 'tiddlers' after that (we're takling fish in th 4 - 7lb bracket here!). After a run of blanks he's now all but jacked it in. :(

I took my youngest (8) tenching on Sat. Well dad was doing the tenching the plan was for Sam to do some tiddler snatching. But he was having none of it and wanted to do what dad was doing. So having impressed upon him the need for quiet and patience he did just that - was the quietest I've EVER seen him. His patient approach was rewarded too with a couple of tinca's (his 1st) at 3lb 12oz and 4lb 6oz. Boy you should have seen the smile - couldn't wait to tell Mum so we had to ring her from the bank...

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog