RADIO LANCASHIRE'S ANGLING PAGES

Janet

Perhaps they have their heads under the sand and don't know what is happening around them? or maybe they have someone in authority who has their heads in the clouds and thinks like Paul McCartney & PETA (although I believe that the word THINKs was the wrong word to use).

:blink:

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

:wallbash: Hi Guys. I can only reiterate what has already been said and thank Janet for bringing this to my attention. I too have sent an e-mail to Radio Lancs condemning the removal of the said page. Although personally, I didn't use it. However, I know a lot of anglers (beginners and experienced) that have used it and found it to be very useful and informative!! I hope this action taken by the members of the forum persuades the BBC to reconsider their actions. I have many problems with my fishing technique and, like Janet, have been offered guidance by Martin James at his stretch of the Ribble. :wallbash:

Paul

post-14742-1215371556_thumb.jpg

Have you seen the comments section of Martin James site?

Martin James

There's a great one there by a police constable who has used fishing to combat under age drinking, anti social behaviour, etc with the kids. And it has worked brilliantly!

I have sent another email now with lots of these comments, and this time I copied in Rosie Cooper and Ben Wallace, MP's for Lancashire West and Wyre. Hopefully we can get thier support, especially on the sensitive and highly political subject of anti social behaviour from youths.

This touched a nerve with me...can you tell? There's bugger all on the BBC about fishing and it seems to be getting worse.

Thank's fruitloopy, thought I would copy and paste the comment on this forum. The same applies today, as Martin continues with his invaluable commitment to the Fishing Buddies scheme in 2008.

"I am a Community Beat Manager (CBM) Police Constable based at barnoldswick Police Station. I started a project named Pendle Fishing Buddies in the Summer 2006 in an effort to combat anti social behaviour, youth nuisance and under age drinking. The project has been very successful and has won a couple of awards. The project has been supported brilliantly by Martin james (At The Water's Edge) who has not only promoted the scheme with interviews with myself and the children involved, but he has also given up numerous hours of his own time to support the scheme, give evening presentations and day coaching sessions to the kids involved. His help has been invaluable. As a result at a recent Problem Orientated Partnership (POP) conference, which unfortunately Martin was unable to attend, he was presented with Chief Constables certificate for his contribution to the conference and the Fishing Buddies scheme, which he is still very much involved in. Martin is a credit to BBC Radio Lancashire and I cannot thank him enough for his hard work, help and commitment to the Fishing Buddies project".

A public thank you to Martin & his lovely wife Kate for all their help..........and the hot pots.

And possibly a future thank you to BBC Radio Lancashire for deciding to retain the angling features? If you're still in any doubt please see and look at the smiling faces of kids that may have had their lives changed for the better due to our wonderful sport. Please Visit Our Website

Thanks on behalf of Pendle Fishing Buddies. Mark H.

Oops

I did think it was wrong, I'm sure our entire UK worth is less than 275 billion!

nah, not really, its suspected the British Public on the whole owe a mass of over 3 trillion to banks e.t.c, now thats a lot of money, considering that there are only 60 million of us here (give or take a good few hundred thousand lol) , it's not all that suprising when taking into consideration that 10% of the British people own 90% of the cash and resources here i.e, company propriotors and such a like (no wonder the rich keep getting richer and the poor are gettin poorer). That queen, she knicks a good few bob off us all as well, {admin note: remainder deleted}

Many thanks for all your support guys. I knew I could rely on you to rally round when it's needed.

I hope that any of you who have any interest at all in the angling media will also add your support, and contact Radio Lancs to ask them to reconsider their decision to axe the angling pages. It was a free, and valuable source of information to me when I first took up fishing.

Without these pages, I probably wouldn't have ever met Martin. I wouldn't have been taken out on the river to catch my first chub, nor would I have had my fantastic sessions learning to fly fish, and I wouldn't have all the help and advice that he is always willing to offer.

There are many out there like me, total beginners needing a helping hand and a bit of advice who he's helped and encouraged, such as Mark's fabulous Pendle Fishing Buddies. I know from speaking to Martin how much he gets back from helping these youngsters, and I know how much he puts back into the sport. I wouldn't have dreamed of contacting him direct, but the BBC pages made it so much more accessible.

It will be a sad day if the angling content on the BBC is allowed to shrink to nothing in favour of football, cricket and ice hockey....

Thanks for your help.

Janet