Lure fishing - New to this!

stooby

Thanks guys much appreciated :)

ill eventually move to braid but for my first spinning outing ill get loaded up on some mono !

id like to say ill post the results when I get back from the trip.. but it may be an empty post! :)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This rain should have livened the river up a bit - you might get loads :)

PS the river is home to some VERY serious perch anglers...don't expect much in the way of conversation from them, or many congratulations if you pluck out a huge fish in front of them ;)

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Thanks Anderoo :)

I checked the EA site this morning about the river levels :) - with Perch (and I suppose Pike im after), does it help to have slightly dark water ?

ahh ok, ill be sure not to gloat in front of them ;) (only joking!)

Do chubb take spinners / lures?

Thanks,

Craig

the river is home to some VERY serious perch anglers...don't expect much in the way of conversation from them, or many congratulations if you pluck out a huge fish in front of them ;)

Listen to Anderoo Craig, dont talk to me whilst we are there, I'll be far too busy getting frustrated on blanking whilst watching you pull out the biggens! :D even though we will have EXCACTLY the same setup.... :huh:

Cheers,

Stu...

Listen to Anderoo Craig, dont talk to me whilst we are there, I'll be far too busy getting frustrated on blanking whilst watching you pull out the biggens! :D even though we will have EXCACTLY the same setup.... :huh:

Cheers,

Stu...

Yes Chub take spinners

arm your self with a selection of different size spinners & you can travel up & down the river nice & light

Use nylon to start with , Wait till you have more experience before trying braid

Take different colour spinners with you , Silver , Brass , Copper etc.......

Check out www.cannibalspinners.co.uk

for an idea of spinners to use

150_brown_trout1.jpg RECORD RIVER CAUGHT BROWN TROUT 7LB 5OZ

http://www.spinningluresuk.com

Well we both went spinning and didnt blank!

I got a couple and stooby got another, I will have to admit that his pike was much larger than both of mine put together but still...

I really enjoyed it, something nice about just wandering down the river with a small amount of equipment.

I really found it makes you concentrate on casting more, as the day went on I found myself more and more confident with getting closer and closer to where I ideally wanted to be!

There is a picture and ill try and get it sorted!

Thanks again for everyones help, it was really appreciated and definitly contributed into us having a good days fishing ! :thumbs:

Craig

Thanks again for everyones help, it was really appreciated and definitly contributed into us having a good days fishing ! :thumbs:

Craig

Ditto! Thank you to everyone, we had a great day and can't wait to get back out there and do some more lure fishing!.... Just for information really, the lures that tended to get the most action and that all 3 pike were caught on were the rubber shads!

Cheers,

Stu...

Anderoo,

funny you should say that, there was one angler on the bank, but think he was on the quiver for chub - I did walk past another angler who looked quite like a secret squirrel (and he looked a bit miserable!)

so I would say yes.. we did see one :)

I was quite suprised about the size of lures that a little pike went for!