Catfish venues?

jedi_knight_298

Hi im new to this site,

Ive always enjoyed fishing for many different types of fish from rudd and Roach to pike and carp, but ive never fished for catfish. from what ive heard its a real experience. The only problem is i dont know where to go, im in bristol and im not sure of anywhere near me with catfish in. Does anyone know anywhere thats worth a trip?

also having never fished for catfish any tips on tactics would be great, i would imagine thats its quite similar to pike fishing but ive also heard of catfish picking up boilies.

Nugg:

If you are prepared to travel the 70 odd miles there are some here,[ BEFORE you open the site make sure that the table is steady and you have something to mop up any spillage] :)

Fantastic!!!!! :cool:

http://www.shatterford.com/

Actually Nugg, Bristol to Shatterford is 84.9 miles!!

Jedi, there one at Adam's Pool near Alcester which is only 67.7 miles, but you have to join an syndicate for that one. Catfish are up to 35lbs+

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Which ever.

I make it 81.09mls all Motorway and dual carriageway to Kidderminster.

Just for info.

I have no interest in promoting Shatterford, just that it's local.

ADAMS POOL

Directions : On the A435 take the track leading behind the Alcester Rugby ground.

Number of Lakes :One

Club Water run by the Catfish Conservation Group. Syndicate ticket is £55 for CCG members. Juniors (Under 16 on the 16th May) £30. Day tickets £10 from July onward for CCG members only.

Facilities : None. Nearest Takeaway, 2 miles

THE LAKE

The lake is a mature irrigation reservoir of about 1.5 acres.

The water is colored and Algae has been a problem in recent summers. The bottom is very flat and depth is a consistent 4 foot in the middle.

The lake stock consists of at least 50 Catfish to over 20lb. The water is heavily stocked with Mirror Carp, Common carp, Crucian Carp, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Perch and some small Pike.

Just about any swim could produce a Catfish, though the favoured swims are the on the left bank. A log book in the fishing hut is used to record all Catfish captures, including the swim and bait. It is well worth perusing before commencing to fish.

Bait fish are plentiful. Easiest to catch by casting in the water!

jedi_knight_298:

im not really too fussed about the size of the fish. i would just like to be in with a chance of catching one. shatterford sounds good, only no deadbaiting :-(

I find that a little strange especially as they state "best method floated trout". :confused: Maybe you have to get them from there.