CENTRE PIN REELS

spanishstyle

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just picked this up from a car boot sale in Ringwood. Anyone seen this before....Unamed, 4.5inch diameter, 1 inch drum, no handles. Looks like a well hand made jobby to me or prototype. Well made and spins ok in good nick.. The reel seat and stem are one piece of metal and have not been joined. Any ideas?...Cheers..Ray

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers..Ray

P.S..The Rolling Pins Mk2 are brand new unused and boxed.

This all comes too late for me; I bought a centrepin last week (Okuma Aventa Pro). Haven't taken it out of the box yet. I want to use it on a carp pond where 8lb is a big fish. So should I use braid or mono? If it's braid, should I put some backing on?

Problem is Lee, is that they can't keep up with orders at the factory.

Did use shimano's a while ago and still got 2 here. Great reels as you say (when your asleep on the bank,) but not the same quality as they used to be, unless you pay the dosh and go for the higher quality up market models, which are far superior but toooo expensive to pay for a noddy reel. :P ..Ray .

[ 15. April 2005, 12:56 AM: Message edited by: RollingPinBoy ]

50p?? 50p!! U was robbed!! I'll give you a quid and you post it?? But only if you can put some big handles on it. It;s the artheritus you see?

Wheerabouts in Ringwood?? Never any ruddy sale slike that when I was down there!! mind it was 12 year ago!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))