cant wait

maxaldo

I'm off this week and hoping to get some decent sessions in, just hoping that the weather behaves. is anyone else off on any trips?

I'm taking a trip to white acres in september which im looking forward to :) other than that im just trying to fit in a couple of hours whenever im not working! Like tomorrow :)

Other than a few short half day sessions Im not able to do anything much untill two weeks time.Cant complain though as I got 4 days in last week end and three this one. A bit stuffed with the car being in the garage still.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I wanted to try some spinning and/or lures last night based on This Post by ModelCitizen. I went to a little fished spot where I am sure there are plenty of Perch and cast in. As soon as it hit the water I had an immediate savage take on it. I struck but no connection.

Cast again, immediate take, a few seconds of connection and then it came off.

Cast again, immediate take and thought I had hooked it this time. Reeled it in and it came off.

I must have spooked them because they all buggered off!

Damn!

My rods have been leaning against my back door ready to go for days now but because of all the rain I haven't been able to go, the rivers are belting through. At least I'm going to a stillwater on Sunday; rain or shine.

The weather is forecast to be better in the second half of July but having once been a weatherman myself I know that forecasts can't really be relied on for longer than a few days ahead.

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Hey the fishing went alright! could have gone better! i had 37 roach and 5 chub to 2 lb but just couldnt seem to get the carp to feed no matter what i tried!

dont sound to bad lunty, i had a similar day, a few roach, rudd and ide but jus cudne get the carp and the tench didn't look to be feeding at all, tried throwing pellets and sweetcorn in and still nothing

dont sound to bad lunty, i had a similar day, a few roach, rudd and ide but jus cudne get the carp and the tench didn't look to be feeding at all, tried throwing pellets and sweetcorn in and still nothing

i tried about 5 different approaches! feeding little and often, feeding large amounts every so often, fishing shallow, the margins and couldnt get them to feed at all! im wondering whether its the constantly changing conditions!