Thorney Weir ( Advice Needed )

Tench-man

Im Going to thorney weir next week and would like as much information as possible reguarding bait, what the bottoms like and so on ...

id like to catch something over 15lbs if thats possible in a day session

thanks alot ...

• 2 weeks later...
Im Going to thorney weir next week and would like as much information as possible reguarding bait, what the bottoms like and so on ...

id like to catch something over 15lbs if thats possible in a day session

thanks alot ...

Hi tenchman is this the Thorney wier you mean?

http://www.thorneyweirthemets.co.uk/thorney-weir/

Hope its helps, it doesnt say much about the bottem but just Woundered if it is of any interest.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and i'm not sure about the universe". (Albert Einstein)

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head, thats assault, not leadership". (Dwight D. Eisenhower)

"Some people claim that marriage interferes with romance. Theres no doubt about it. Anytime you have a romance, your wife is bound to interfere". (Groucho marx)

its a hard water at this time of year but does have very big carp

the best option if you have only one day is to stay mobile and try to find the fish and cast a small pva bag of pellets or chop boilies at any showing fish

i have heard that the carp do take zigs but i have never caught one on a zig

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur

its a hard water at this time of year but does have very big carp

the best option if you have only one day is to stay mobile and try to find the fish and cast a small pva bag of pellets or chop boilies at any showing fish

i have heard that the carp do take zigs but i have never caught one on a zig

ok thanks ive never used a zig rig as of yet but i will try it this summer .. ill proberley do a minimum of 48hours on the lake as ive heard you need atleast that to have a good session .. its also qite weedy so ill proberly approach it with my throwing stick n boilies :)

hopfully ill get a new pb as 15lb isnt much but then again i only been fishing a small club water but now joining intertype and will be using the 2 lakes in colnbrooke anyone fished them lakes there ?

ok thanks ive never used a zig rig as of yet but i will try it this summer .. ill proberley do a minimum of 48hours on the lake as ive heard you need atleast that to have a good session .. its also qite weedy so ill proberly approach it with my throwing stick n boilies :)

hopfully ill get a new pb as 15lb isnt much but then again i only been fishing a small club water but now joining intertype and will be using the 2 lakes in colnbrooke anyone fished them lakes there ?

yes it is a water better suited to session fishing and a boilie approach works well

there are lots of fish over 20lb and so if you get one you have a good chance of it being a new pb

good luck

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur