Fish Eyesight - Camo

Elton

It is true peter. Which opens the great fly line debate. Is the best colour one that syncs with the sky (frequent and rapid changes of line required in the UK ) , or one that is less visible on the surface in the mirror or under the water.

Personally, when it comes to lines, I go for something that matches the colour of my boxer shorts on the day. My waders are tan cos thats the colour they come in, wading jacket green because they did no other colour either.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming back to the movement thing.

Don't fish congregate under trees and such? Don't the branches move about? Are we now saying that fish can tell the difference between us and tree branches? Camo or not.

Just a thought.

PS. "Good news" was my bivvy became an excellent lab for studying the behaviour of still water aquatic nymphs and their behavior particularly around the act of emerging. All results passed on to missus ready for her next outing.

Paul g I agree a lot of fish predating birds are light in colour probably for this very reason ,I have the privilege of watching 2 herons stalking their prey ,notably the colour of the birds are a mixture of white ,blue and grey . also they stand stock still for hours until they are successful....rob

[ 18. April 2004, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: rob.i ]

when you think you know everything think again....