Stinging WASP Grubs For Bait

cannibalspinners

A looong time ago, as a teenager, I used to dig up wasps nests with my dad, following the liberal application of a product called Cy-Mag ... banned now for many years, though strangely to still be found occasionally in the depths of sheds where there is an angler in the house! :D

Supremely effective, though in hindsight, not exactly 'user friendly' ... I once saw the aftermath from another dig, where a guy had been stung just once by a treated wasp ... his arm was bigger than his leg! :rolleyes:

Best alternative today is likely as someone else suggested - get friendly with your local pest controller, and even offer to pay a bounty on the nests if you find someone amenable ... they are an absolutely deadly bait for chub!

I would've thought they'd have to be a lot better than anything else to make the harvesting worthwhile.

If you're into your chub fishing, you're seriously missing out if you don't try them. I've yet to find anyone who has used them who would honestly disagree :D The problem is that they can on occasion be so effective that if you are then unable to obtain them for a future trip, confidence can take a major nose-dive!

Have to confess though, I've never really used them for any other species, so could not really comment furher.

Edited by PeterNE1

Guest bbamboo

They are banned on a lot of my local matches because of one reason one guy who used them cleaned up every time.

If thats not an advertisement for how good the grub is with chub I dont know what is.

Anyone else tried the bottled version???????

Edited by bbamboo

That would have been Cyril Close, if they could'nt beat him they were determined to nobble him

One thing thats not been mentioned so far is the wasp cake itself, don't throw it away, use it as a ground bait, chub love it as much as the grubs