Ebro Roach

Elton

There's a guy called Dan on our Facebook page who has submitted some superb UK fish photos over the past few weeks. However, his latest submissions are not something I've seen much talk of before - Ebro Roach. Seems the cats don't get to eat them all...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1...6757&type=1

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's a gut called Dan on our Facebook page who has submitted some superb UK fish photos over the past few weeks. However, his latest submissions are not something I've seen much talk of before - Ebro Roach. Seems the cats don't get to eat them all...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1...6757&type=1

Bonny fish, but I'm not sure they are the same species as our roach.

ps. pay attention. :)

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Giant-E...p;hl=ebro+roach

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Bonny fish, but I'm not sure they are the same species as our roach.

ps. pay attention. :)

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Giant-E...p;hl=ebro+roach

Excellent link - thank you! :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Excellent link - thank you! :)

I was just doing a bit of googling on "Ebro roach" and came across a few things that make it sound great for roach fishing. This is an interesting read, but the roach do look to have very red fins and tail as well as a more pointed nose than the ones i catch on my local UK river.

A pic of one from my local river.

post-10964-1330861366_thumb.jpg

Still I bet the Ebro would be a great place for a mixed bag winter AN fish-in. :)

They look like true roach to me. I think there is an Iberian roach but that's totally different and much smaller. I suggest that the (Ebro) roach are the same as ours and have been transplanted (from France?) to the Ebro in comparatively recent times, and the ideal habitat in terms of food and temperature is enabling them to grow extremely well.

They look like true roach to me. I think there is an Iberian roach but that's totally different and much smaller. I suggest that the (Ebro) roach are the same as ours and have been transplanted (from France?) to the Ebro in comparatively recent times, and the ideal habitat in terms of food and temperature is enabling them to grow extremely well.

Well if they are true roach Mark, I'm deffo off to the Ebro next winter. If only so i can dip the top of my bold head in its magical waters. :lol:

I recall that when i first fished the Ebro at Riba Roja a guy in the party quiver tipped sweet corn and had some nice red fins many above 2lb, I was happy just catching decent Carp on bigger baits.

I also had some decent Roach, when I was Mullet fishing on the Rio Ter near Estartit, (never got a sniff of the Mullet though).

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Despite the numbers of times I fished the Ebro Ive only ever fished in the Mequinenza area.As I said last time never caught roach only Rudd and a few other "silver fish". Not many days when I didn't do a few hours with float fished or feeder fished corn after bait fish (carp).

Could be a different area or as suggested "discarded" bait/"stocking" from France. Either way they are great looking fish and I would be quite happy fishing for them and catching a few!

Don't give a stuff if they are true Roach or not.What difference does it make? only a Muppet would compare them to a British 2lbr even if they are the same species! But that don't mean they wouldn't be fun or are not great looking fish.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!